Asmanex Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Asmanex medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Asmanex cost savings if eligible
With our help, you could get your Asmanex medicine for a flat monthly fee of $49 per month. This monthly fee covers the full cost of your Asmanex prescription, regardless of the dose you need or its retail price.
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|110mcg 30 doses - 1 inhaler||$195.00||$49.00||$146.00|
|220mcg 30 doses - 1 inhaler||$195.00||$49.00||$146.00|
Am I eligible for the Asmanex patient assistance program?
If you meet the eligibility criteria for Asmanex assistance, you could receive your medicine without paying the full retail price. We review each Asmanex assistance program application individually. At this stage, it’s important to note that the main factors considered by most programs will likely include:
How do I apply for the Asmanex patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Asmanex patient assistance program. Fill in the enrollment application on our website, and tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Asmanex. We’ll also ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income.
Once we determine you may be eligible for Asmanex assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process for you. When enrolled in the Asmanex patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Asmanex medication refills on your behalf for up to a year.
Is NiceRx a Asmanex coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Asmanex patient assistance program.
We are not an Asmanex coupon, an Asmanex discount card, or an Asmanex copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Asmanex manufacturer coupons, Asmanex discounts, rebates, Asmanex savings cards, trial offers, or free Asmanex samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Asmanex if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Asmanex
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Asmanex prescription
- You don’t have insurance
Apply online with NiceRx and complete your enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Asmanex with insurance?
The cost of Asmanex with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your pharmacist or insurance provider will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to understand what you may need to pay to secure your essential prescription.
How much does Asmanex cost without insurance?
Asmanex prices without insurance will vary depending on the dose (110 mcg or 220 mcg) and the amount you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, one 110 mcg Asmanex Twisthaler will cost around $300.
What is Asmanex?
Asmanex is an inhaled maintenance medication taken by adults and children over four years old to lessen and manage their asthma symptoms. You take the medication by inhaling it into your airways and lungs using the Twisthaler device it comes in, usually once a day. Asmanex helps to reduce inflammation in your lungs and airways, giving you daily relief from your asthma symptoms.
Asmanex active ingredients
The active ingredient in Asmanex is called mometasone furoate, or usually just mometasone. It’s a corticosteroid medication that can help to reduce inflammation in your lungs.
When you inhale Asmanex, mometasone attaches to areas on the surface of the cells in your lungs and airways called glucocorticoid receptors. This stimulates the receptors and makes them produce greater amounts of anti-inflammatory proteins and lower amounts of inflammatory proteins. Mometasone also deactivates some other molecules your immune system uses to trigger inflammation. These effects help to reduce inflammation in your airways and lungs, lessening your asthma symptoms.
Asmanex side effects & Asmanex drug interactions
The most common side effects caused by Asmanex include:
- A sore throat
- A hoarse voice
- Hay fever symptoms (allergic rhinitis)
- Sinus infections (sinusitis)
- An increase in upper respiratory infections, like colds and the flu
- Fungal infections (candida/thrush) in your mouth and throat – this is less likely if you rinse your mouth out with water after taking your Asmanex
- Back pain
- Pain in your muscles, bones, and joints (musculoskeletal pain)
- Painful menstrual periods (dysmenorrhea)
In rare instances, Asmanex can cause more serious side effects, like:
- Reducing your immune system function, making you more vulnerable to infections, including serious infections like pneumonia and tuberculosis
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause anaphylaxis – a potentially life-threatening condition where your immune system overreacts, causing swelling in your face, mouth, and throat that can make it hard to breathe
- A sudden worsening of your asthma symptoms, including asthma attacks (paradoxical bronchospasm)
- Reduced adrenal gland function (adrenal insufficiency) that can be fatal in serious cases
- Falls in bone density (osteoporosis), particularly in people who are at a greater risk of developing osteoporosis
- An increased risk of eye problems, including glaucoma, cataracts, and blurred vision
- A condition called hypercorticism or Cushing’s syndrome, caused by having too high levels of cortisol in your body for too long, that can cause long-term damage to your health
- Slowed rates of growth in children
Asmanex can interact with other medications, which can change how Asmanex and the other medications work. It can also make some side effects more likely. These include:
- Any other medications taken to treat asthma or other breathing problems
- Any other medications that contain steroids
- Any medications taken to treat bacterial, viral, or fungal infections, including ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, nelfinavir, or cobicistat
Asmanex warnings & precautions
Asmanex is a maintenance medication that you take regularly to help you lessen and control your asthma symptoms. The medication should not be used to treat sudden and severe onset of symptoms, like asthma attacks. Use your rescue inhaler to treat sudden and severe symptoms, or whatever rescue medication your doctor has prescribed to you.
Asmanex should not be given to children under the age of four. Don’t take Asmanex if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient mometasone furoate
- Are allergic to any other steroids
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Asmanex
Talk to your doctor before taking Asmanex if you:
- Have a current infection
- Have ever had tuberculosis
- Have or have ever had any problems with your adrenal glands
- Have recently been around someone who has measles or chickenpox
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.