Bydureon Pen Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Bydureon Pen medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Bydureon Pen cost savings if eligible
The Bydureon Pen patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Bydureon Pen, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Bydureon Pen patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Bydureon Pen assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Bydureon Pen patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Bydureon Pen patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Bydureon Pen.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Bydureon Pen assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Bydureon Pen patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Bydureon Pen.
Is NiceRx a Bydureon Pen coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Bydureon Pen patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Bydureon Pen samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Bydureon Pen coupons, discount cards, or Bydureon Pen copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Bydureon Pen if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Bydureon Pen medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Bydureon Pen with insurance?
The cost of Bydureon Pen will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Bydureon Pen with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Bydureon Pen cost without insurance?
Bydureon Pen prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Bydureon subcutaneous powder for injection, extended-release 2 mg typically costs $800 for 4 powders.
What is Bydureon Pen?
Bydureon Pen contains the prescription medicine exenatide. Bydureon is an injectable medicine that may help to improve blood sugar (glucose) in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. It should be used with diet and exercise.
Bydureon is not recommended for people with type 1 diabetes or those with diabetic ketoacidosis, and it is not used as a replacement for insulin. It is not the first choice of treatment for diabetes and it is not known if Bydureon is safe to use in patients with pancreatitis or for children.
Bydureon Pen active ingredients
Exenatide is similar in chemical structure to that of human glucagon-like-peptide-1 (GLP-1) found in your body. GLP-1 improves glucose dependant release of insulin in the body as well as other actions that lower glucose levels in the body. Exenatide acts in a similar way to GLP-1 by enhancing the production and release of insulin from the pancreas when there are high glucose levels in the body.
Bydureon is given as a subcutaneous injection under the skin, your healthcare professional will show you how to do this. Bydureon is normally injected once every 7 days, but you can change your weekly dosing day. You should not inject however on your new dosing day if it has been less than 3 days since your last dose. You may need a glucagon injection kit in case you have severe hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Symptoms of hypoglycemia to be aware of are feeling hungry, irritable, shaky, and tired.
It is important to remember that Bydureon is part of a complete treatment program that may also include diet, exercise, weight control, and regular blood sugar testing.
Bydureon Pen side effects
The most common side effects caused by Bydureon Pen include:
- Skin reaction where the injection is given
- Nausea, vomiting
- Indigestion, constipation, diarrhea
In rare instances, Bydureon Pen can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe nausea and vomiting
- A more severe reaction where the injection was given
- Swelling in your neck or throat, hoarse voice, difficulty swallowing or breathing
- Pain in your upper stomach spreading into your back, fever, irregular heartbeat, yellow color to your skin or eyes
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) – headache. feeling hungry, irritable, dizziness, shaky, anxious
- Kidney problems – little or no urination, painful or difficult urination, swelling in your feet or ankles, tiredness, shortness of breath
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Bydureon Pen against your risk of side effects.
Bydureon Pen drug interactions
Bydureon Pen can interact with other medications. These include:
- Diuretics for water retention – amiloride, bendroflumethiazide, bumetanide, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide
- Anti-viral medication – amprenavir, ritonavir
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – bromfenac, diclofenac, ibuprofen, naproxen, meloxicam
- Treatment for high blood pressure – captopril, enalapril, lisinopril
- Antibiotics for bacterial infections – clarithromycin, norfloxacin
- Treatment for mood disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine
- Immuno-suppressants – cyclosporine, voclosporin
- Corticosteroids – dexamethasone, fludrocortisone, hydrocortisone
- Insulin – apart, degludec, detemir, glargine, isophane, lispro, regular
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Bydureon Pen.
Bydureon Pen warning and precautions
You should not use Bydureon Pen if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient exenatide
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Bydureon Pen
- Have a family or personal history of thyroid cancer
- Have MEN-2 (multiple endocrine neoplasia)
- Have a history of low platelet levels when using exenatide
Talk to your doctor before using Bydureon Pen if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Bydureon Pen
- Have kidney disease or if you have had a kidney transplant
- Have any stomach disorders
- Have pancreatitis
- Have gallstones
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.