Your monthly Lexapro cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Lexapro patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Lexapro patient assistance?
We review each Lexapro enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Lexapro patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Lexapro patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Lexapro, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Lexapro coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Lexapro coupon, Lexapro discount card, or Lexapro copay card provider. We do not offer Lexapro manufacturer coupons, Lexapro discounts, rebates, Lexapro savings cards, trial offers, or free Lexapro samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me get Lexapro cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Lexapro
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Lexapro prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Lexapro cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Lexapro costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Lexapro oral tablets 20 mg will cost around $100 for 30 tablets.
How much does Lexapro cost with insurance?
The copay for Lexapro will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Lexapro?
Lexapro is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Forest Laboratories. Lexapro is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) used for:
- Acute and maintenance treatment of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in adults and adolescents aged 12-17 years
- Acute treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) in adults
Lexapro is not recommended for use in pediatric patients less than 12 years of age, due to an increased risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior in children, adolescents, and young adults taking antidepressants for major depressive disorder (MDD) and other psychiatric disorders.
What doses of Lexapro are available?
Lexapro is available in tablet or oral solution form, in the following doses: 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, and 1 mg per mL.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Lexapro active ingredients
The active ingredient of Lexapro is escitalopram oxalate.
Lexapro side effects
The most common side effects of Lexapro in clinical trials include:
- Ejaculation disorder (primarily ejaculatory delay)
- Decreased libido, inability to orgasm
- Sweating increased
- Somnolence, drowsiness
- Painful urination
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- Dry mouth, increased thirst, loss of appetite
- Nosebleed, heavy menstrual periods
In rare instances, Lexapro can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Weight gain
- Clinical worsening of suicide risk
- Serotonin syndrome especially when co-administered with other serotonergic agents (including triptans, tricyclic antidepressants, fentanyl, lithium, tramadol, tryptophan, buspirone, amphetamines, and St. John’s Wort)
- Activation of mania/hypomania
- Abnormal bleeding
- Interference with cognitive and motor performance
- Angle-closure glaucoma
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Lexapro against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Lexapro to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Lexapro drug interactions
Lexapro can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antiplatelet drugs such as clopidogrel
- NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, naproxen
- Blood thinners such as warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) – isocarboxazid, linezolid, metaxalone, methylene blue, moclobemide, phenelzine, procarbazine, selegiline, tranylcypromine
- St. John’s wort
- Other SSRIs such as fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline
- SNRIs such as duloxetine, venlafaxine
- Pimozide and Celexa
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Lexapro. Tell your healthcare professional about all prescription and non-prescription medicines, over-the-counter, vitamins, and herbal supplements that you take.
You should not use Lexapro if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient escitalopram, or citalopram
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Lexapro
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor about your medical conditions before using Lexapro if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Lexapro
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Suffer from seizures
- Have low blood sodium levels
- Have heart disease or high blood pressure
- Have had a stroke
- Have bleeding problems
- Have sexual problems
- Have bipolar disorder
- Have suicidal thoughts
- Have a drug addiction
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – This medication passes into breast milk
Lexapro is the trademark brand name for escitalopram manufactured by Forest Laboratories. A generic version of escitalopram is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Lexapro savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.