Spiriva Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Spiriva medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Spiriva cost savings if eligible
With NiceRx, you could receive your Spiriva prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month. You could save:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|18mcg 30 capsules||$460.00||$49.00||$411.00|
Am I eligible for the Spiriva patient assistance program?
In order to be accepted for Spiriva assistance, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria for the patient assistance program, which will likely include the details below. At NiceRx we review each Spiriva assistance program enrollment application individually.
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Spiriva patient assistance program?
NiceRx makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Spiriva patient assistance program. Get started by filling in our online enrollment application. Please tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Spiriva, as well as details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who’ll supply your medication, so it must be accurate and up-to-date.
We will review your enrollment application and will determine whether you may be eligible
for Spiriva assistance. NiceRx will then handle the full application process for you and will also request your Spiriva medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx a Spiriva coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Spiriva coupon, a Spiriva discount card, or a Spiriva copay card provider. We don’t offer printable Spiriva manufacturer coupons, Spiriva discounts, rebates, Spiriva savings cards, trial offers, or free Spiriva samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Spiriva patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Spiriva if I have insurance?
Yes, we may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Spiriva
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Spiriva prescription
- Your Medicare plan doesn’t cover Spiriva medication
- You don’t have insurance
Apply online to find out more.
How much is Spiriva with insurance?
The cost of Spiriva will depend on your healthcare plan. Your pharmacist or insurance provider will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Spiriva cost without insurance?
Spiriva prices without insurance will vary depending on the version of Spiriva you buy. Spiriva comes in either a spray inhaler (Spiriva Handihaler) or as a slow-moving mist you inhale (Spiriva Respimat). Prices also vary depending on the quantity you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, a Spiriva Handihaler with 30 cartridges will cost around $630. A pack of Spiriva Respimat will cost around $600.
What is Spiriva?
Spiriva is a prescription medicine used to manage the symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It’s prescribed to adults and children six years and older. You inhale Spiriva into your airways through your mouth. You can buy it as either a spray you take using an inhaler (Spiriva Handihaler) or a mist you inhale using a different inhaler (Spiriva Respimat).
Once you inhale Spiriva, it helps to open your airways, making it easier for you to breathe. This provides relief from your symptoms and helps to reduce the likelihood of your symptoms getting worse. The effects of Spiriva can last up to 24 hours, meaning it can cover you over the course of a full day.
Spiriva active ingredients
The active ingredient in Spiriva is called tiotropium bromide, often shortened to just tiotropium. It’s an anticholinergic drug that helps to relax and open your airways.
When you inhale Spiriva (either Spiriva Handihaler or Spiriva Respimat), you take molecules of tiotropium bromide into your airways. The molecules attach to the surface of muscle tissue at sites called muscarinic receptors. This stimulates the muscarinic receptors, causing them to relax the muscle tissue, helping to keep them relaxed and open.
Spiriva side effects & Spiriva drug interactions
When Spiriva does cause side effects, the most common include:
- A dry mouth
- A sore throat
- A runny nose
- Blurred vision
- An increased heart rate
- An increase in upper respiratory tract infections
- An increase in sinus infections
- An increase in urinary tract infections
- Non-specific chest pain (pain in your chest without an obvious cause)
In rare instances, Spiriva can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication that can cause rashes, itching, swelling in your face, tongue, and throat, and difficulties breathing
- Bronchospasm – a sudden narrowing and blockage of your airways that can cause difficulties breathing
- New or worsened acute narrow-angle glaucoma – an eye condition caused by a build-up of pressure in one or both of your eyes
- New or worsened urinary retention – difficulties passing urine or pain when passing urine
Spiriva can interact with other medications for asthma or COPD, as well as other anticholinergic medicines, like ipratropium. This can change how Spiriva and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely.
Spiriva warnings & precautions
Spiriva should not be given to children under six years of age. Anyone over this age should not take Spiriva if they:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient tiotropium bromide
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Spiriva
- Are allergic to ipratropium (Atrovent)
Talk to your doctor before taking Spiriva if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Spiriva
- Have any kidney problems
- Have an eye condition called glaucoma
- Have any conditions that make it difficult to pass urine, like an enlarged prostate
- Are allergic to any milk proteins
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Spiriva is for everyday use to manage your COPD and asthma symptoms. It shouldn’t be used to relieve sudden and severe symptoms, like a bronchospasm or asthma attack. You should use a rescue inhaler in this situation, or whatever medication your doctor has prescribed for sudden and severe symptoms.
Spiriva can cause dizziness and blurred vision in some people. Don’t drive, use machinery, or perform other dangerous tasks after taking Spiriva if it affects you in this way.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.