Vimovo Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Vimovo medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Vimovo cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Vimovo patient assistance program, you could get your medication for a flat fee of just $49 per month. This fee covers the full cost of your Vimovo medicine and our costs, saving you:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|Vimovo 500mg/20mg 30 tablets||$1,240.96||$49.00||$1,191.96|
|Vimovo 500mg/20mg 60 tablets||$2,472.37||$49.00||$2,423.37|
Am I eligible for the Vimovo patient assistance program?
Each patient assistance program has its own eligibility criteria. At NiceRx, we review all applications individually, but it’s important to note the key factors often considered by most programs.
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Vimovo patient assistance program?
Our application process makes it easy, simple, and straightforward to apply for the Vimovo patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. At this stage we will need to know about any medications you’re taking, including Vimovo. It’s also important to provide your healthcare providers, insurance information, and your income, as this information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
Once we review your completed application form, we will determine whether we think you may be eligible for Vimovo assistance. If so, we’ll handle the application process on your behalf and will help to enroll you in the Vimovo patient assistance program. When you are enrolled in the program, we will also request your Vimovo medication refills for up to a full year.
Is NiceRx a Vimovo coupons provider?
No, we are not a Vimovo coupons provider. NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Vimovo patient assistance program. Our service does not include Vimovo discount cards, Vimovo copay cards, printable Vimovo manufacturer coupons, Vimovo savings cards, or free Vimovo samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Vimovo if I have insurance?
If you have insurance but your insurance company won’t pay for your Vimovo medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility, we may be able to assist you. This may even be the case if you don’t have insurance.
How much is Vimovo with insurance?
The cost of Vimovo will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out exactly what you’ll need to pay, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Vimovo cost without insurance?
Vimovo prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, a supply of 60 Vimovo 20 mg/500 mg tablets will cost over $3,000. With NiceRx you’ll never pay more than the flat monthly fee of $49.
What is Vimovo?
Vimovo is a prescription drug given to adults to treat:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
It’s usually provided to adults who are at risk of developing ulcers and stomach problems from taking similar medicines for these conditions.
Osteoarthritis is a joint disease. It causes bone and cartilage in your joints to break down, usually slowly over a number of years. It can result in swelling, pain, and stiffness in your joints, and can lead to damage and deformation. It often affects joints in your hands, knees, back, and neck, but can affect any joint. Osteoarthritis is caused by a mix of low-level inflammation, damage, and wear and tear on the joints. It is the most common form of arthritis, with up to 53 million people affected in the US.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that affects your joints. It’s caused by your immune system mistakenly attacking the tissues in your joints. This results in inflammation that can cause swelling, pain, and damage. Rheumatoid arthritis most often affects joints in your hands and wrists but can impact other joints too. It’s thought that rheumatoid arthritis is caused by a mixture of genetics and the conditions around you.
Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that affects the joints in your spine and sometimes your shoulders and hips. Like rheumatoid arthritis, it’s caused by inflammation in your joints triggered by your immune system. It can result in stiffness, pain, damage, and deformation of the joints over time. The cause of ankylosing spondylitis is thought to be a mixture of genetics and the conditions around you.
Vimovo helps with these conditions as it contains an ingredient called naproxen that reduces inflammation and pain. This can provide relief from the symptoms of your condition and can reduce the damage they can cause. Naproxen, and other similar medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), can cause ulcers and other stomach problems though. For this reason, Vimovo contains another ingredient that reduces your levels of stomach acid to limit your chances of this happening.
Vimovo active ingredients
Vimovo has two active ingredients, naproxen, and esomeprazole magnesium. The combination of both active ingredients means Vimovo can ease the symptoms of arthritis, whilst also reducing the chance of developing stomach problems.
Naproxen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that reduces pain and inflammation. It does this by stopping your immune system from triggering inflammation. Inflammation is a natural process your body uses to fight infections and repair damage. But sometimes your immune system triggers inflammation in healthy tissue, and over time this can cause damage. Your immune system produces a substance called prostaglandin that signals inflammation is needed. Naproxen stops the enzymes that produce prostaglandin, reducing the amount of inflammation your immune system can cause. This helps to reduce pain, swelling, and damage caused by inflammation.
Naproxen, and other NSAID drugs, can cause ulcers and other stomach problems, like heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, and stomach bleeding. Vimovo contains a second active ingredient called esomeprazole magnesium. This is a type of medication called a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It reduces the amount of stomach acid you produce, to lower your chances of developing stomach problems when you use naproxen.
Vimovo side effects & Vimovo drug interactions
The most common side effects experienced by those that take Vimovo include
- Digestive problems, like diarrhea, heartburn, indigestion, constipation, burping, and flatulence
- Heart palpitations
- Increased sweating
- Itchy skin and skin rashes
- Red or purple marks, bruising or spots on your skin
- A spinning feeling (vertigo)
- Swelling of your hands, feet and ankles (edema)
- Inflammation inside the mouth
- Inflammation of the lining of the stomach (gastritis)
- Eyesight problems
- Stomach ulcers
- Small intestine or ulcers
- Benign polyps in the stomach
In rare instances, Vimovo can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Allergic reactions to the medication
- Reddening and blistering of your skin
- Liver problems
- Heart attacks
Medicines that may interact with Vimovo include:
- Other medicines that contain naproxen
- Other medicines that contain esomeprazole
- Other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), like ibuprofen
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
- Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs)
- Anticoagulants, like warfarin
- Antiplatelet agents, like aspirin and clopidogrel
- Antiretrovirals, like atazanavir, nelfinavir, or saquinavir
- Beta-blockers, including propranolol
- CYP2C19 inducers and inhibitors
- CYP3A4 inducers and inhibitors
- Diuretics, like furosemide
- Iron salts
- Mycophenolate mofetil
- Salicylates, like diflunisal and salsalate
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants
- Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) antidepressants
Make sure you tell your prescribing physician about all the drugs you’re taking. As well as those mentioned above, provide details of any vitamins or dietary supplements you take.
Vimovo warnings & precautions
Don’t take Vimovo if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients naproxen and esomeprazole magnesium
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Vimovo
- Are allergic to other proton pump inhibitor medicines
- Are allergic to aspirin or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Have severe heart problems
- Have severe kidney problems
- Have severe liver problems
- Have an ulcer in your stomach or gut
- Have a bleeding disorder
- Are in the last three months of pregnancy
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Vimovo if you:
- Are taking any of the medications listed in the section above that can interact with Vimovo
- Have a condition that causes inflammation in your intestines, like Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Have mild to moderate heart problems
- Have mild to moderate kidney problems
- Have mild to moderate liver problems
- Have high blood pressure
- Have problems with your blood circulation or with your blood clotting
- Have diabetes
- Have high cholesterol
- Have osteoporosis
- Are a smoker
- Are in the first six months of your pregnancy or are planning to get pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are over 65 years of age
Vimovo may affect your ability to drive or use machinery. You shouldn’t do so whilst taking Vimovo until you’re confident you know how it affects you.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.