Abraxane Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Abraxane medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Abraxane cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Abraxane patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 a month, per medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Abraxane prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Abraxane patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Abraxane patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Abraxane patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Abraxane patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Abraxane. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Abraxane assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Abraxane patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Abraxane medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx an Abraxane coupons provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Abraxane patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Abraxane manufacturer coupons, Abraxane discounts, or free Abraxane samples. We are not an Abraxane coupon provider or Abraxane discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Abraxane if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Abraxane patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Abraxane medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much is Abraxane with insurance?
The cost of Abraxane with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Abraxane cost without insurance?
Abraxane prices without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it and how much you buy. As a guide, Abraxane intravenous powder for injection 100 mg usually costs $1,600 for 1 powder for injection. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
What is Abraxane?
Abraxane contains the prescription medicine paclitaxel. Abraxane is used for the treatment of advanced cancer, sometimes with other medicines or treatments:
- Breast cancer – where previous treatment has failed or where your cancer has returned within 6 months
- Non-small cell lung cancer – with carboplatin if you can not be treated with surgery or radiation therapy
- Pancreatic cancer – with gemcitabine as a first-line treatment
Abraxane active ingredients
Abraxane is known as a microtubule inhibitor, meaning it blocks the action of microtubules in the body. Microtubules are made from shorter chains of proteins called tubulin in the body, this process is in a dynamic state where microtubules are constantly made and unmade from the tubulin.
Microtubules are involved in cell processes such as transport, cell shape, movement, and mitosis. Mitosis is a type of cell division where the two cells produced have the same number and kind of chromosomes as the parent nucleus. Abraxane stops chromosomes from separating during mitosis, causing the cell to die.
Treatment with Abraxane is by intravenous infusion, directly into your vein. The strength and how often you are given the medication will be decided by your doctor, based on several factors, including what type of cancer you are being treated for.
Abraxane side effects
The most common side effects caused by Abraxane include:
- Signs of infection – fever, chills, rash
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Loss of appetite
- Dehydration – dry mouth, darker urine, unable to urinate, headache
- Heartbeats irregular
- Anemia (low red blood cells) – bruising, bleeding, tiredness, shortness of breath
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Swelling in hands and feet
- Muscle and joint pain
- Hair loss
In rare instances, Abraxane can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Tingling, pain, weak or numb hands or feet
- Sudden chest pain or discomfort
- Increased heart rate
- Reduced white blood cells – fever, mouth sores, sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing
- Sepsis (infection in the blood) – fever, flu-like symptoms, mouth and throat ulcers, increased heart rate, shallow breathing
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Abraxane against your risk of side effects.
Abraxane drug interactions
Abraxane can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and Crohn’s disease – adalimumab, baricitinib, certolizumab, etanercept, golimumab, natalizumab
- Antiviral treatments for HIV/AIDS or hepatitis – amprenavir, atazanavir, boceprevir, fosamprenavir, ritonavir, saquinavir
- Vaccines for BCG, influenza, measles, mumps, polio, rubella, smallpox, typhoid, varicella, yellow fever, zoster
- Antipsychotics for the treatment of schizophrenia – clozapine
- Medication for the treatment of high cholesterol – atorvastatin, rosuvastatin, simvastatin
- Immuno-suppresants, or immuno-modulatory medication – fingolimod, leflunomide, ozanimod, siponimod
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Abraxane.
Abraxane warning and precautions
You should not use Abraxane if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient paclitaxel
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Abraxane
- Have a low white blood cell count
- Have severe liver disease
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Abraxane if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Abraxane
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have previously had an allergic reaction to cabazitaxel or docetaxel
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.