Is NiceRx an Abrilada coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. We do not offer trial offers or free Abrilada samples.
Abrilada patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Abrilada cost without insurance?
Abrilada prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer.
How much does Abrilada cost with insurance?
The copay for Abrilada will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Abrilada with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Abrilada?
Abrilada is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Pfizer Inc. It is a tumor necrosis factor (TNF) blocker indicated for the treatment of:
- Rheumatoid arthritis – alone or in combination with methotrexate or other non-biologic DMARDs to reduce the signs and symptoms, induce a clinical response, inhibit the progress of structural damage, and improve physical function in adult patients with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) – alone or in combination with methotrexate to reduce the signs and symptoms of moderate to severe active polyarticular JIA in patients 4 years of age and older
- Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) – alone or in combination with non-biologic DMARDs to reduce the signs and symptoms, inhibit the progress of structural damage, and improve physical function in adult patients with active PsA
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) – to reduce the signs and symptoms in adult patients
- Adult Crohn’s Disease (CD) – to reduce the signs and symptoms and induce and maintain remission in adult patients with moderate to severe active Crohn’s disease who have not had an adequate response to therapy or lost response to or are not tolerant to infliximab
- Ulcerative Colitis (UC) – to induce and sustain remission in adult patients with moderate to severe active ulcerative colitis who have not had an adequate response to immunosuppressants such as corticosteroids, azathioprine or 6-mercaptopurine
- Adult patients with moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis who are appropriate for systemic treatment or phototherapy, and when other systemic treatments are less appropriate
Abrilada is biosimilar to AbbVie’s Humira. Biosimilar means that the product is approved based on data showing that it is highly similar to an FDA-approved biological product, known as the reference product and that there are no clinically meaningful differences between the biosimilar product and the reference product.
What doses of Abrilada are available?
Abrilada is available as a subcutaneous injection, in the following doses:
- 40 mg/0.8 mL in a single-dose prefilled pen
- 40 mg/0.8 mL, 20 mg/0.4 mL, or 10 mg/0.2 mL in a single-dose prefilled syringe
- 40 mg/0.8 mL in a single-dose glass vial
Always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Abrilada active ingredients
Abrilada contains adalimumab-afzb, a human monoclonal antibody, as the active ingredient.
Abrilada side effects
The most common side effects of Abrilada in clinical trials include:
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Injection site reactions
- Headache, and rash
In rare instances, Abrilada can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased risk of serious infections leading to hospitalization or death
- Invasive fungal infections
- Lymphoma and other malignancies
- Anaphylaxis or serious allergic reactions
- Hepatitis B virus reactivation
- Demyelinating disease
- Heart failure
- Lupus-like syndrome
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Abrilada against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse events of Abrilada to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Abrilada drug interactions
Abrilada can interact with other medications. These include:
- Live vaccines
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Abrilada.
You should not use Abrilada if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient adalimumab-afzb
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Abrilada
Talk to your doctor before using Abrilada if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Abrilada
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Abrilada is the trademark brand name for adalimumab-afzb manufactured by Pfizer Inc. A generic version of adalimumab-afzb is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Abrilada savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.