Aldactazide Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Aldactazide medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx an Aldactazide coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. That means that we do not offer printable Aldactazide manufacturer coupons, Aldactazide discounts, or free Aldactazide samples. We are not an Aldactazide coupon provider or Aldactazide discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Aldactazide patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Aldactazide cost without insurance?
Aldactazide cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Aldactazide oral tablets (25 mg-25 mg) usually cost $300 for 100 tablets.
How much does Aldactazide cost with insurance?
The copay for Aldactazide with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Aldactazide?
Aldactazide is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Searle LLC. Aldactazide is a combination of hydrochlorothiazide, a thiazide diuretic (water pill)., and spironolactone a potassium-sparing diuretic (also an aldosterone antagonist).
Aldactazide is used to treat fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure, cirrhosis, or nephrotic syndrome (a kidney disorder). Aldactazide is also used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure), or hypokalemia (low potassium levels) caused by using certain diuretics.
What doses of Aldactazide are available?
Aldactazide is available in tablet form, in the following doses: spironolactone 25 mg, and hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg.
Please read the drug information provided with your medicine and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Aldactazide active ingredients
Aldactazide contains spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide (Hctz) as the active ingredients.
Aldactazide side effects
The most common side effects of Aldactazide in clinical trials include:
- Drowsiness, dizziness
- Leg cramps
- Feeling faint or weak
- Severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back
- Nausea and vomiting
- Electrolyte imbalance
In rare instances, Aldactazide can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased risk of skin cancer
- Problems with your vision, eye pain
- Breast tenderness and swelling
- Low blood cell counts
- High potassium level (hyperkalemia)
- Low potassium levels
- Low sodium levels
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Aldactazide against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Aldactazide to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Aldactazide drug interactions
Aldactazide can interact with other medications. These include:
- Insulin or oral diabetes medicine
- NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac
- Other potassium-sparing diuretics
- ACE inhibitors
- Angiotensin II receptor antagonists
- Aldosterone blockers
- Other drugs or conditions known to cause hyperkalemia
- Potassium supplements
- Salt substitutes containing potassium
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Aldactazide.
You should not use Aldactazide if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients spironolactone or hydrochlorothiazide
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Aldactazide
- Have kidney disease, urination problems, or any other kidney problems
- Have liver disease
- Have high levels of calcium or potassium in your blood
- Have Addison’s disease
- Are younger than 18 years of age
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Aldactazide if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Aldactazide
- Have cirrhosis or another liver disease
- Have severe kidney disease
- Have asthma or any other allergies
- Have glaucoma
- Have gout
- Are diabetic
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – It is not known whether this medicine will harm an unborn baby
Aldactazide is the trademark brand name for spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide manufactured by Searle LLC. A generic version of spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Aldactazide savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.