Alimta Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Alimta medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Alimta cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Alimta patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Alimta patient assistance?
We review each Alimta enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Alimta patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Alimta patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Alimta. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Alimta coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Alimta coupon, Alimta discount card, or Alimta copay card provider. We do not offer Alimta manufacturer coupons, Alimta discounts, rebates, Alimta savings cards, trial offers, or free Alimta samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Alimta patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Alimta if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Alimta if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Alimta
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Alimta prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Alimta medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Alimta with insurance?
The cost of Alimta with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Alimta cost without insurance?
Alimta prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Alimta powder for injection will cost around $800 for 1 powder for injection.
What is Alimta?
Alimta contains the prescription medicine pemetrexed and is used for the treatment of:
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma (a type of lung cancer linked to asbestos exposure)
- Non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
Alimta may be used on its own or in combination with other medicines depending on how your NSCLC is progressing and also where you are with the current treatment you are receiving.
Alimta is given as an infusion into a vein, usually every 3 weeks however, your doctor will decide how your treatment will proceed. You will need to take folic acid supplements as well as vitamin B12 injections, to prevent certain side effects from taking Alimta.
Care needs to be taken whilst taking Alimta, as it can cause dehydration. This can affect your electrolyte balance, cause kidney problems and lead to hypotension (low blood pressure). Also, you will need regular blood checks as pemetrexed can reduce your body’s ability to fight infections and reduce the ability of your blood to clot.
Alimta active ingredients
Alimta blocks folate-dependent chemical processes needed for cells to replicate. In tests, it has been seen that pemetrexed blocks folate-dependent enzymes (thymidylate synthase (TS), dihydrofolate reductase, and glycinamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase (GARFT)). Pemetrexed is then taken into cells by membrane carriers and membrane binding protein transport systems that are folate-dependent. Once in the cell, pemetrexed is converted to polyglutamate forms by the enzyme folylpolyglutamate synthetase. The polyglutamate forms are stored in cells and block the action of TS and GARFT.
Alimta side effects
The most common side effects caused by Alimta include:
- Shortness of breath
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation
In rare instances, Alimta can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Fever, chills, feeling tired, mouth and skin sores, easy bruising, unusual bleeding, pale skin, cold hands and feet, feeling light-headed
- Swelling, redness, or blistering of skin that was treated with radiation in the past
- Difficulty breathing
- New or cough that is getting worse
- Decreased urination
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Alimta against your risk of side effects.
Alimta drug interactions
Alimta can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis – adalimumab, golimumab, baricitinib
- Vaccines – BCG, influenza, measles, mumps, polio, measles, mumps, smallpox, typhoid, yellow fever, varicella, zoster
- Treatment for cancer – cladribine, etanercept
- Medication for mood disorders such as schizophrenia – clozapine
- Treatment for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- Immuno-suppressants – leflunomide, teriflunomide, voclosporin
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – celecoxib, ketoprofen, ibuprofen, naproxen
- Antibiotics for bacterial infection – ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Alimta.
Alimta warning and precautions
You should not use Alimta if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient pemetrexed
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Alimta
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Alimta if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Alimta
- Have kidney disease
- Have had radiation treatment
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.