Alprolix Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Alprolix medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Alprolix cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Alprolix patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Alprolix patient assistance?
We review each Alprolix enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Alprolix patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Alprolix patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Alprolix, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Alprolix coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Alprolix coupon, Alprolix discount card, or Alprolix copay card provider. We do not offer Alprolix manufacturer coupons, Alprolix discounts, rebates, Alprolix savings cards, trial offers, or free Alprolix samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Alprolix
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Alprolix prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Alprolix cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Alprolix costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Alprolix intravenous powder for injection recombinant Fc fusion protein will cost around $13 for 1 powder for injection.
How much does Alprolix cost with insurance?
The copay for Alprolix will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Alprolix?
Alprolix is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Bioverativ Therapeutics Inc.
Alprolix, Coagulation Factor IX (Recombinant), Fc Fusion Protein (rFIXFc), is a recombinant DNA derived coagulation Factor IX concentrate used in adults and children with hemophilia B for:
- On-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes
- Perioperative management of bleeding
- Routine prophylaxis to reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes
Alprolix is not recommended for induction of immune tolerance in patients with hemophilia B.
What doses of Alprolix are available?
Alprolix is available as a lyophilized powder in single-dose vials containing nominally 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, or 4000 international units (IU).
For intravenous injection use after reconstitution only:
- On-demand treatment and control of bleeding episodes. On average, one unit per kilogram bodyweight of Alprolix increased the circulating Factor IX level by approximately 1% (IU/dL) in adults and children ≥6 years of age and by 0.6% (IU/dL) in children under 6 years of age
- Perioperative management – Minor surgery, a single infusion to reach FIX level of 50-80 IU/dL may be sufficient. Repeat at dosing intervals of 24-48 hours until the bleeding rate slows or stops and healing is achieved. Major surgery, initial infusion to reach FIX level of 60-100 IU/dL. Consider repeating the dose after 6-10 hours and then every 24 hours for the first 3 days, then every 48 hours until bleeding stops and healing is achieved
- Routine prophylaxis – For adults and adolescents ≥12 years of age, start at 50 IU/kg once weekly or 100 IU/kg once every 10 days. For children <12 years of age, start at 60 IU/kg once weekly. Adjust dosing regimen based on individual response. More frequent or higher doses may be needed in pediatrics <12 years of age
Please see full prescribing information as well as additional information. Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Alprolix active ingredients
The active ingredient of Alprolix is Coagulation Factor IX (Recombinant), Fc Fusion Protein.
Alprolix side effects
The most common side effects of Alprolix (incidence ≥1%) in clinical trials include:
- Oral paresthesia, and obstructive uropathy
- Factor IX inhibition
- Injection site erythema
- Increase in the formation of abnormal blood clots in your body, especially if you have risk factors. Symptoms may include chest pain, problems breathing, unexpected swelling of an arm or leg with or without pain or tenderness
In rare instances, Alprolix can cause more serious adverse reactions. These can include:
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Neutralizing antibodies (inhibitors) to FIX
- The use of Factor IX products has been associated with the development of thromboembolic complications
- Nephrotic syndrome
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Alprolix against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Alprolix to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Alprolix drug interactions
No data is currently available for interactions of Alprolix with other medicines. Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription drugs and over‑the‑counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Alprolix if you:
- Have had an allergic reaction to the active ingredient Coagulation Factor IX (Recombinant), Fc Fusion Protein
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Alprolix
Talk to your doctor before using Alprolix if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Alprolix
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Alprolix is the trademark brand name for Coagulation Factor IX (Recombinant), Fc Fusion Protein manufactured by Bioverativ Therapeutics Inc. A generic version of Coagulation Factor IX (Recombinant), Fc Fusion Protein is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Alprolix savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.