Annovera Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Annovera medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx an Annovera coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Annovera patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Annovera samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Annovera coupons, discount cards, or Annovera copay cards.
Annovera patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Annovera cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Annovera cost without insurance?
Annovera prices without insurance will vary depending on how many you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, 1 Annovera vaginal ring typically costs $2670.
How much does Annovera cost with insurance?
The copay for Annovera will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Annovera with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Annovera?
Annovera (segesterone acetate and ethinyl estradiol vaginal system) is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Therapeuticsmd, inc. Like birth control pills, the Annovera ring contains progestin and estrogen, which prevent ovulation. Annovera is less invasive than other long-lasting contraceptives, such as intrauterine devices (IUDs). Annovera is used by females of reproductive potential to prevent pregnancy.
Annovera does not protect you from sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV. Use barrier contraceptives, like male or female condoms.
What doses of Annovera are available?
Annovera is available as a silicone elastomer vaginal system, in the following doses: 103 mg segesterone acetate and 17.4 mg ethinyl estradiol.
The vaginal system must remain in place for 3 weeks followed by a 1-week vaginal system-free interval. One vaginal system provides contraception for thirteen menstrual cycles (1 full year). See the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning.
Speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose, especially if you have any new spotting or breakthrough bleeding so they can monitor and evaluate your condition. Tell your doctor if you start any new treatments and discuss if you need to use other non-hormonal backup birth control methods.
Annovera active ingredients
Annovera contains segesterone acetate and ethinyl estradiol as the active ingredients.
Annovera side effects
The most common side effects of Annovera in clinical trials include:
- Headache, migraine
- Nausea, vomiting
- Vulvovaginal mycotic infection, candidiasis
- Abdominal pain
- Vaginal discharge
- Urinary tract infection
- Breast tenderness
- Genital pruritus
In rare instances, Annovera can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Thrombotic disorders and other vascular problems – females over 35 years of age who smoke should not use Annovera. Cigarette smoking increases your risk of serious cardiovascular events from the use of combination hormonal contraceptives
- Liver disease
- Risk of liver enzyme elevations with concomitant Hepatitis C treatment
- Carbohydrate and lipid metabolic effects:
- Bleeding Irregularities and amenorrhea
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Annovera against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions to Annovera to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Annovera drug interactions
Annovera can interact with other medications. These include:
- Drugs or herbal products that induce certain enzymes
- Certain combination treatments for hepatitis C (ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir with or without dasabuvir)
- Oil-based products (including silicone-based) vaginal lubricants
- Drugs that cause hormonal birth control to work less well – rifamycins, St. John’s wort, anticonvulsants, and HIV drugs such as ritonavir
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Annovera.
You should not use Annovera if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients segesterone acetate or ethinyl estradiol
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Annovera
- Have liver disease, tumors, acute hepatitis, or severe cirrhosis
- Have uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have heart problems such as coronary artery disease, heart rhythm disorder, history of heart attack, stroke, or an increased risk of blood clots
- Have diabetes (and are over 35 years of age, or have had diabetes for more than 20 years)
- Have a history of hormone-related cancer, breast cancer, or cancer of the uterus/cervix, or vagina
- Have unusual vaginal bleeding
- Suffer from migraines or severe headaches with changes in vision
- Have taken any hepatitis C medication containing ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir in the past 14 days
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Annovera if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Annovera
- Have high cholesterol or triglycerides
- Have liver disease or jaundice
- Have kidney disease
- Have diabetes
- Have gallbladder disease
- Suffer from depression
- Suffer from seizures
- Have had toxic shock syndrome, or easy vaginal irritation
- Have a family history of stroke or breast cancer
- Have recently had a miscarriage or abortion
Annovera is the trademark brand name for segesterone acetate and ethinyl estradiol manufactured by Therapeuticsmd, inc. A generic version of segesterone acetate and ethinyl estradiol is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Annovera savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.