Arthrotec Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Arthrotec medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Arthrotec cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Arthrotec prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Arthrotec patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Arthrotec patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Arthrotec enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Arthrotec patient assistance program?
Applying for the Arthrotec patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Arthrotec, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Arthrotec assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Arthrotec patient assistance program, we will also request your Arthrotec medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx an Arthrotec coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Arthrotec coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Arthrotec manufacturer coupons, Arthrotec discounts, rebates, Arthrotec savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Arthrotec medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Arthrotec cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Arthrotec patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Arthrotec
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Arthrotec prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Arthrotec cost without insurance?
Arthrotec prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Arthrotec oral tablets (50 mg-200 mcg) will typically cost around $550 for 60 tablets.
How much does Arthrotec cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Arthrotec with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Arthrotec?
Arthrotec is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication distributed by Searle LLC, a Division of Pfizer Inc. Arthrotec is used to treat the symptoms of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis in patients at high risk of developing gastric and intestinal ulcers while taking NSAIDs. Arthrotec is a combination of diclofenac sodium, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and misoprostol, a gastrointestinal mucosal protective prostaglandin analog.
What doses of Arthrotec are available?
Arthrotec is available in tablet form, as Arthrotec 50, or Arthrotec 75 in the following doses: 50 mg/200 mcg and 75 mg/200 mcg.
Take Arthrotec by mouth with a full glass of water. Remain standing or seated upright and do not lie down for at least 10 minutes after taking this medication. Swallow Arthrotec tablets whole. Do not crush, chew, or dissolve the tablets. Take the tablets with food to stop an upset stomach and to reduce diarrhea, and avoid taking antacids containing magnesium while using this medication.
Please read the prescribing information and medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Arthrotec active ingredients
Arthrotec contains diclofenac sodium and misoprostol as the active ingredients.
Arthrotec side effects
The most common side effects of Arthrotec in clinical trials include:
- Abdominal pain/stomach pain
- Diarrhea, dyspepsia, nausea, flatulence, gastritis, vomiting, constipation
- Headache, dizziness
- Alanine aminotransferase increased
- Hematocrit decreased
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
In rare instances, Arthrotec can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Increased risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic events, including myocardial infarction (heart attack), and stroke. Symptoms include chest pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, sudden numbness or weakness on one side of the body, slurred speech, short of breath
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Ulceration and perforation
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Heart Failure and fluid retention – swelling of ankles and feet, unusual tiredness, unusual/sudden weight gain
- Renal toxicity and hyperkalemia
- Anaphylactic reactions
- Exacerbation of asthma related to aspirin sensitivity
- Serious skin reactions and skin rash
- Premature closure of fetal ductus arteriosus
- Hematologic toxicity – loss of appetite, upper right side stomach pain, fatigue, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Elevations in plasma lithium levels
- Kidney problems – little or no urination, swelling in your feet or ankles, feeling tired or trouble breathing
- Low red blood cells (anemia) – pale skin, unusual tiredness, feeling light-headed or short of breath
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Arthrotec against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse events of Arthrotec to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Arthrotec drug interactions
Arthrotec can interact with other medications. These include:
- Drugs that interfere with hemostasis – warfarin, aspirin, SSRIs/SNRIs
- ACE inhibitors
- Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARB)
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Arthrotec. Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription or over-the-counter medicines, vitamins or herbal supplements.
You should not use Arthrotec if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients diclofenac sodium or misoprostol
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Arthrotec
- Have a history of asthma, urticaria, or other allergic-type reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs
- Have active gastrointestinal bleeding
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – Misoprostol can cause birth defects
Talk to your doctor before using Arthrotec if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Arthrotec
- Have heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, or if you smoke
- Have had a heart attack, stroke, or blood clots
- Have stomach ulcers or bleeding
- Have porphyria
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Have fluid retention
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – This medication passes into breast milk
Arthrotec is the trademark brand name for diclofenac sodium/misoprostol distributed by Searle LLC, a Division of Pfizer Inc. A generic version of diclofenac sodium/misoprostol is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Arthrotec savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.