Auryxia Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Auryxia medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Auryxia cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Auryxia prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Auryxia patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Auryxia patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Auryxia enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Auryxia patient assistance program?
Applying for the Auryxia patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Auryxia, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Auryxia assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Auryxia patient assistance program, we will also automatically request your Auryxia medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx an Auryxia coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Auryxia coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Auryxia manufacturer coupons, Auryxia discounts, rebates, Auryxia savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Auryxia medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Auryxia if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Auryxia patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Auryxia
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Auryxia prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Auryxia with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Auryxia with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Auryxia cost without insurance?
Auryxia prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Auryxia oral tablets 210mg will typically cost around $1,350 for 200 tablets.
What is Auryxia?
Auryxia contains ferric citrate that attaches itself to phosphates you take in through food and drink. Auryxia helps your body to manage the absorption of phosphates and can help lower the amount of phosphorus in your blood.
Auryxia is used to:
- Manage phosphorus levels in adults with chronic kidney disease, who are on dialysis treatment
- Treat iron deficiency anemia in adults with chronic kidney disease who are not on dialysis
Auryxia should be taken with meals. The iron it contains is stored in your body so you may need to follow a special diet while taking Auryxia and need frequent blood tests to check your iron blood levels.
Auryxia active ingredients
For the treatment of chronic kidney disease while on dialysis – the iron attaches to phosphate taken into your body through food, in the gastrointestinal tract (GI). This produces an iron phosphate compound that is not soluble and is excreted out of your body in your stools. This helps to reduce the levels of phosphate in your blood.
For the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in chronic kidney disease when NOT on dialysis – the ferric iron is reduced from the ferric form to the ferrous form in the GI tract. The iron is then absorbed into your blood, from where transferrin (a blood-plasma glycoprotein) transports the iron to various tissues, including the bone marrow, where the iron is used for the production of hemoglobin in red blood cells.
Auryxia side effects
The most common side effects caused by Auryxia include:
- Darker color to your stools
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain
In rare instances, Auryxia can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe stomach pain
- Hyperkalemia – increased potassium levels which can cause, nausea, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, and loss of movement
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Auryxia against your risk of side effects.
Auryxia drug interactions
Auryxia can interact with other medications. These include:
- Medication used to treat acute poisoning – dimercaprol
- Treatment for HIV/AIDS – dolutegravir
- Treatments for cancer – erdafitinib
- Medication used for the treatment of osteoporosis – alendronate, etidronate, ibandronate, risedronate
- Antibiotics – ciprofloxacin, delafloxacin, grepafloxacin, oxytetracycline
- Treatment for Parkinson disease – levodopa
- Medication taken for hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid) – levothyroxine
- Quinapril, used for the treatment of high blood pressure, heart failure, or diabetic kidney disease
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Auryxia.
Auryxia warning and precautions
You should not use Auryxia if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient ferric citrate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Auryxia
- Have hemochromatosis (too much iron in your body)
- Are younger than 18 years old
Talk to your doctor before using Auryxia if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Auryxia
- Have liver disease
- Have a stomach or intestinal disorder
- Have stomach bleeding or have had stomach or intestinal surgery
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.