Azstarys Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Azstarys medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx an Azstarys coupon provider?
NiceRx is not an Azstarys coupon, Azstarys discount card, or Azstarys copay card provider. We do not offer Azstarys manufacturer coupons, Azstarys discounts, rebates, Azstarys savings cards, trial offers, or free Azstarys samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Azstarys patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Azstarys cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Azstarys cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Azstarys costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Azstarys capsules (5.2 mg-26.1 mg) will cost around $1,370 for 100 capsules.
How much does Azstarys cost with insurance?
The copay for Azstarys will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Azstarys?
Azstarys is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Corium, Inc. It is an ADHD medication used for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, ADHD symptoms in patients 6 years of age and older. Azstarys, other methylphenidate-containing products, and amphetamines can be abused or lead to dependence. Azstarys is a federally controlled substance.
What doses of Azstarys are available?
Azstarys are available in capsule form, in the following doses: 26.1 mg/5.2 mg, 39.2 mg/7.8 mg, and 52.3 mg/10.4 mg.
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Azstarys active ingredients
The active ingredients of Azstarys are serdexmethylphenidate (SDX) and immediate-release dexmethylphenidate (d-MPH). It is classed as a central nervous system, CNS stimulant.
Azstarys side effects
The most common side effects of Azstarys in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Decreased appetite
- Trouble sleeping
- Nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Anxiety, irritability
- Tachycardia, and increased blood pressure
In rare instances, Azstarys can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Serious cardiovascular reactions – sudden death at recommended doses in pediatric patients with cardiac abnormalities or other serious heart problems. In adults, sudden death, stroke, and myocardial infarction have been reported
- Increased blood pressure and heart rate
- Psychiatric adverse reactions – may cause psychotic or manic symptoms
- Priapism – painful and prolonged penile erections with methylphenidate products
- Peripheral vasculopathy, including Raynaud’s Phenomenon associated with stimulants used to treat ADHD
- Long-term suppression of growth
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Azstarys against your risk of adverse effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Azstarys to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Azstarys drug interactions
Azstarys can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antihypertensive drugs
- Halogenated anesthetics
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Azstarys.
You should not use Azstarys if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients serdexmethylphenidate or dexmethylphenidate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Azstarys
- Are taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), or have used an MAOI within the last 14 days
Talk to your doctor before using Azstarys if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Azstarys
- Have high blood pressure, or blood circulation problems
- Have glaucoma
- Have heart problems or a family history of heart problems
- Have a personal or family history of mental health disorders such as bipolar disorder, depression, psychosis, or suicidal thoughts
- Have a personal or family history of uncontrolled muscle movements
- Have an overactive thyroid
- Have a seizure disorder
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Azstarys is the trademark brand name for serdexmethylphenidate and dexmethylphenidate manufactured by Corium, Inc. A generic version of serdexmethylphenidate and dexmethylphenidate is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Azstarys savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.