Bavencio Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Bavencio medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Is NiceRx a Bavencio coupon provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Bavencio patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Bavencio coupon, a Bavencio discount card, or a Bavencio copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers or free Bavencio samples.
Bavencio patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Bavencio cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Bavencio cost without insurance?
Bavencio costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Bavencio intravenous solution (20 mg/mL) will typically cost around $1,850 for 10 milliliters. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
How much does Bavencio cost with insurance?
The copay of Bavencio will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Bavencio?
Bavencio is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication with a supplemental Biologics License. Bavencio is a programmed death ligand-1 (PD-L1) blocking antibody used for:
- Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) – in adults and pediatric patients 12 years of age and older with Metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma. This is approved under accelerated approval based on tumor response rate, duration of response, and overall survival
- Urothelial carcinoma – Maintenance treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma that has not progressed with first-line platinum-containing chemotherapy; patients with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma who have disease progression during or following platinum-containing chemotherapy, or have disease progression within 1 year of neoadjuvant or adjuvant treatment with platinum-containing chemotherapy
- Advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) – for first-line treatment, in combination with axitinib
What doses of Bavencio are available?
Bavencio is available in injection form, in the following doses: 200 mg/10 mL in single-dose vials.
Premedicate with an antihistamine and acetaminophen for the first 4 infusions and then as needed. Administer as an intravenous infusion over 60 minutes as a first-line maintenance treatment until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Please read the prescribing information and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Bavencio active ingredients
Bavencio contains the active substance avelumab, an Anti-PD-L1 IgG1 monoclonal antibody.
Bavencio side effects
The most common adverse reactions of Bavencio in clinical trials include:
- Musculoskeletal pain, back pain
- Diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain
- Nausea, headache
- Infusion-related reaction
- Rash, dermatitis
- Decreased appetite
- Peripheral edema
- Urinary tract infection
- Palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia
In rare instances, Bavencio can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Primary or secondary immune system-mediated adrenal insufficiency, thyroid disorders (hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, and thyroiditis), and type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Immune-mediated adverse reactions such as myocarditis
- Immune-mediated pneumonitis – discontinue for severe, life-threatening, or recurrent moderate pneumonitis
- Hepatotoxicity and immune-mediated hepatitis – withhold for moderate hepatitis, discontinue for severe or life-threatening hepatitis. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity when taken in combination with axitinib with higher than expected frequencies of alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) elevation
- Immune-mediated colitis – withhold for moderate or severe colitis, discontinue for life-threatening or recurrent severe colitis
- Immune-mediated endocrinopathies – withhold for severe or life-threatening endocrinopathies
- Immune-mediated nephritis and renal dysfunction – withhold for moderate or severe nephritis and renal dysfunction, discontinue for life-threatening nephritis or renal dysfunction
- Infusion-related reactions – reduce the rate of infusion for mild or moderate infusion-related reactions, discontinue for severe or life-threatening infusion-related reactions
- Major adverse cardiovascular events
- Embryo-fetal toxicity – may cause fetal harm, use effective contraception
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Bavencio against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse events of Bavencio to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Bavencio drug interactions
Other drugs may interact with Bavencio, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Tell your health care provider about all of your medications including any supplements you are taking.
You should not use Bavencio if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient avelumab
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Bavencio
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Bavencio if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Bavencio
- Have myasthenia gravis, Guillain-Barré syndrome, or any other conditions that affect your nervous system
- Have ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- Have a breathing disorder
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Have heart problems or high blood pressure
- Have high cholesterol
- Have diabetes
- Have had an organ transplant
Bavencio is the trademark brand name for avelumab manufactured by EMD Serono, Inc., marketed by EMD Serono, Inc. and Pfizer Inc., and a trademark of Merck. A generic version of avelumab is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Bavencio savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.