Is NiceRx a Baxdela coupon provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Baxdela patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Baxdela coupon, a Baxdela discount card, or a Baxdela copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers, or free Baxdela samples.
Baxdela patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
Can NiceRx help me get Baxdela cheaper if I have insurance?
How much does Baxdela cost without insurance?
Baxdela costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Baxdela 450 mg tablets will typically cost around $1,250 for 14. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
How much does Baxdela cost with insurance?
The copay of Baxdela will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Baxdela?
Baxdela is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. Baxdela is a fluoroquinolone antibacterial used in adults for the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI) caused by designated susceptible bacteria.
It is used in adults to treat community-acquired bacterial pneumonia (CABP) caused by the following susceptible pathogens. Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus (including methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus [MRSA] and methicillin-susceptible [MSSA] isolates only), Streptococcus pyogenes, and Enterococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Haemophilus influenzae, Legionella pneumophila, and Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
What doses of Baxdela are available?
Baxdela is available in injection form and as tablets, in the following doses: 300 mg as a lyophilized powder in a single dose vial, 450 mg tablets.
Please read the medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Baxdela active ingredients
Baxdela contains delafloxacin as the active ingredient.
Baxdela side effects
The most common adverse reactions of Baxdela in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Transaminase elevations
In rare instances, Baxdela can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Hypersensitivity reactions – discontinue at the first sign of a skin rash or any other sign of hypersensitivity
- Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD)
- Exacerbation of myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness)
- Disabling and potentially irreversible serious adverse reactions, including tendinitis and tendon rupture, peripheral neuropathy, and central nervous system effects
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Baxdela against your risk of adverse effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Baxdela to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Baxdela drug interactions
Baxdela can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antacids containing aluminum or magnesium, with sucralfate, iron, or with multivitamins containing iron or zinc, or formulations containing divalent and trivalent cations such as didanosine, may interfere with the absorption of Baxdela
- Baxdela should not be co-administered with any solution containing magnesium, through the same intravenous line
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Baxdela.
You should not use Baxdela if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient delafloxacin
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Baxdela
- Have a known history of myasthenia gravis
- Have renal impairment
Talk to your doctor before using Baxdela if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Baxdela
- Have arthritis, or other joint or tendon problems
- Have blood circulation problems, aneurysm, narrowing or hardening of the arteries
- Have heart problems, or high blood pressure
- Have Marfan syndrome or Ehler’s-Danlos syndrome
- Have myasthenia gravis
- Suffer from seizures or epilepsy
- Have a head injury or brain tumor
- Have kidney disease
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Baxdela is the trademark brand name for delafloxacin manufactured by Melinta Therapeutics, Inc A generic version of delafloxacin is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Baxdela savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.