Bentyl Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Bentyl medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Bentyl cost savings if eligible
The Bentyl patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Bentyl, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Bentyl patient assistance program?
Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Bentyl patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Bentyl patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Bentyl.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Bentyl assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Bentyl patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you, so you can continue to access affordable Bentyl.
Is NiceRx a Bentyl coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Bentyl patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Bentyl samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Bentyl coupons, discount cards, or Bentyl copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Bentyl if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Bentyl medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Bentyl with insurance?
The cost of Bentyl will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Bentyl with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Bentyl cost without insurance?
Bentyl prices without insurance will vary depending on if you buy the oral syrup, oral capsules, oral tablets, or solution for injection. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, a pack of 90 Bentyl oral capsules typically costs $325.
What is Bentyl?
Bentyl is a prescription medication given to adults and children over 6 months of age to treat bowel spasms caused by irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It is a medication that reduces your intestinal spasms by blocking the chemical signals that make your muscles contract.
You can take Bentyl as an oral syrup, as oral capsules or tablets, or it can be injected directly into a muscle. The doctor who prescribes Bentyl to you will decide which type of Bentyl is best for you. They will also tell you how much to take, how often, and for how long. Always take your Bentyl exactly as prescribed.
Bentyl active ingredients
The active ingredient in Bentyl is called dicycloverine. It is a type of drug called an antispasmodic agent that can stop muscle spasms. Dicycloverine works by blocking the action of a substance your body naturally produces called acetylcholine.
Acetylcholine is a chemical messenger molecule produced by your nerves. It attaches to the outside of your muscle cells at areas called receptors, stimulating the receptors and making the muscle contract. But when you take Bentyl, the dicycloverine it contains attaches to and blocks these acetylcholine messenger molecules. This stops them from stimulating receptors on your muscle cells, preventing the muscle from contracting and causing spasms.
Bentyl side effects & Bentyl drug interactions
When Bentyl causes side effects, the most common include:
- A dry mouth
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Blurred vision
- Sleepiness (somnolence)
- Unusual weakness and a lack of energy (asthenia)
In rare instances, Bentyl can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Heart palpitations, a rapid heartbeat, and unusual heart rhythms (tachyarrhythmias)
Bentyl can interact with other medications. This can change how Bentyl and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely and more serious. These include:
- Any other medications you take for irritable bowel syndrome
- Any antiarrhythmic agents you take to treat heart rhythm problems, like quinidine
- Any antihistamine medications taken to treat allergies
- Any antacid medications taken to neutralize stomach acid
- Any antipsychotic agents you take to treat a psychotic condition, such as schizophrenia
- Any antidepressants you take to treat a mood disorder, such as depression or anxiety
- Any nitrate or nitrite medications, usually taken to treat a range of heart and circulatory conditions, including angina and coronary artery disease
- Any medications taken to treat glaucoma
- A medication called amantadine, taken to treat movement disorders caused by Parkinson’s or influenza
- A medication called digoxin, taken to treat a range of heart conditions including atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, and heart failure
Bentyl warnings & precautions
Bentyl can make you feel dizzy, sleepy, and can make your vision blurred, which can impact your ability to drive, operate machinery, or perform other dangerous tasks. Avoid these activities after taking Bentyl if it gives you these side effects.
Bentyl should not be given to infants under 6 months of age. The medication also is not suitable for everyone. Do not take Bentyl if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dicycloverine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Bentyl
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Have any problems with your heartbeat
- Have glaucoma
- Have a neuromuscular condition called myasthenia gravis
- Have a urinary condition called obstructive uropathy
- Have any conditions that cause an obstruction in your gastrointestinal tract
- Have severe ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory autoimmune disease that affects your gastrointestinal tract
- Have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Talk to your doctor before taking Bentyl if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Bentyl
- Have any heart problems
- Have any liver problems
- Have any kidney problems
- Have ever had heart surgery
- Have an enlarged prostate
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are over 65 years of age
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.