Is NiceRx a Betoptic S coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Betoptic S coupon, Betoptic S discount card, or Betoptic S copay card provider. We do not offer Betoptic S manufacturer coupons, Betoptic S discounts, rebates, Betoptic S savings cards, trial offers, or free Betoptic S samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Betoptic S patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Betoptic S cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Betoptic S costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Betoptic S ophthalmic suspension 0.25% will cost around $335 for 10 milliliters.
How much does Betoptic S cost with insurance?
The copay for Betoptic S will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Betoptic S?
Betoptic S is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Novartis. Betoptic S is a beta-adrenergic receptor inhibitor indicated for the treatment of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with chronic open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
What doses of Betoptic S are available?
Betoptic S is available as a sterile ophthalmic suspension, in the following doses: 0.25%.
Instill one to two drops in the affected eye(s) twice daily. Do not use Betoptic S eye drops while wearing contact lenses. Betoptic S may contain a preservative that can discolor soft contact lenses. Wait at least 15 minutes after using this medicine before putting in your contact lenses.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Betoptic S active ingredients
The active ingredient of Betoptic S is betaxolol hydrochloride (betaxolol hcl) which is classed as a beta-blocker.
Betoptic S side effects
The most common side effects of Betoptic S in clinical trials include:
- Transient ocular discomfort
- Blurred vision
- Watery, dry, itchy, red eyes
- Feeling as if something is in the eye
- Trouble sleeping
In rare instances, Betoptic S can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Masking of the signs and symptoms of acute hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
- Masking of clinical signs of tachycardia or hyperthyroidism
- Eye pain, swelling, or discharge
- Changes in vision
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Swelling of the ankles or feet
- Irregular heart rate
- Muscle weakness
- Mood changes
- Hair loss
- Sudden unexplained weight gain
- A serious allergic reaction – rash, itching, swelling (especially of the face, tongue, or throat), severe dizziness, chest pain, trouble breathing
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Betoptic S against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Betoptic S to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Betoptic S drug interactions
Betoptic S can interact with other medications. These include:
- Oral beta-adrenergic receptor inhibitors – propranolol
- Catecholamine-depleting drugs
- Adrenergic psychotropic drugs
- Drugs for high blood pressure
- Calcium channel blockers – diltiazem
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with betaxolol ophthalmic, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Betoptic S contraindications
You should not use Betoptic S if you:
- Have hypersensitivity to the active ingredient betaxolol hydrochloride
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Betoptic S
- Have severe heart failure
- Have a history of slow heartbeats that have caused you to faint
- Have sinus bradycardia, second or third-degree atrioventricular block, overt cardiac failure, or cardiogenic shock
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Betoptic S if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Betoptic S
- Have asthma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Have a history of heart disease or congestive heart failure
- Have diabetes
- Have a thyroid disorder
- Have a history of severe allergies
- Have blood circulation problems or peripheral vascular disease such as Raynaud’s syndrome
- Have a muscle disorder such as myasthenia gravis
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – It is not known if this medication passes into breast milk
Betoptic S generic
Betoptic S is the trademark brand name for betaxolol hydrochloride manufactured by Novartis. A generic version of betaxolol hydrochloride is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Betoptic S savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.