Is NiceRx a Bicnu coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Bicnu coupon, Bicnu discount card, or Bicnu copay card provider. We do not offer Bicnu manufacturer coupons, Bicnu discounts, rebates, Bicnu savings cards, trial offers, or free Bicnu samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Bicnu patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Bicnu cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Bicnu costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Bicnu intravenous powder for injection 100 mg will cost around $2,800 for 1 powder for injection.
How much does Bicnu cost with insurance?
The copay for Bicnu will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Bicnu?
Bicnu is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd. It is a nitrosourea used alone or in combination with other drugs to treat the symptoms of:
- Brain tumors glioblastoma, brainstem glioma, medulloblastoma, astrocytoma, ependymoma, and metastatic
- Multiple myeloma, in combination with prednisolone
- Hodgkin’s Disease, and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
What doses of Bicnu are available?
Bicnu is available in injection form, in the following doses: 100 mg of carmustine lyophilized powder in a single-dose vial for reconstitution with a 3mL sterile diluent vial.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Bicnu active ingredients
The active ingredient of Bicnu is carmustine. It is an antineoplastic or cytotoxic chemotherapy drug. It is classed as an alkylating agent and works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells.
Bicnu side effects
The most common side effects of Bicnu in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Pulmonary toxicity is dose-related and patients receiving > 1400 mg/m2 cumulative dose are at a higher risk
- Myelosuppression, causing thrombocytopenia (reduced platelets) and leukopenia (reduced white blood cells) – monitor blood counts
- Pain and burning at the injection site – extravasation may occur
In rare instances, Bicnu can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Increased risk of other malignancies, such as leukemia
- Bone marrow dysplasias
- Tachycardia and chest pain
- Nephrotoxicity consisting of a decrease in kidney size, and renal failure
- Ocular toxicity
- Embryo-Fetal toxicity
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Bicnu against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Bicnu to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Bicnu drug interactions
Bicnu can interact with other medications. These include:
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Bicnu.
You should not use Bicnu if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient carmustine
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Bicnu
- Have a low platelet, leukocytes, or erythrocytes count
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Bicnu if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Bicnu
- Have a blood or bone marrow disorder
- Have liver disease
- Have lung disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have recently had an infection
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Bicnu is the trademark brand name for carmustine manufactured by Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd. A generic version of carmustine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Bicnu savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.