Blenrep Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Blenrep medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Blenrep cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Blenrep patient assistance program you can receive your medication for free. Our monthly service fee of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Blenrep through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Blenrep patient assistance program?
You could receive your Blenrep without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. The eligibility requirements are set by the pharmaceutical companies that are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx, we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Blenrep patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Blenrep.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Blenrep patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Blenrep medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx a Blenrep coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Blenrep patient assistance program. This means that we are not a Blenrep coupon, a Blenrep discount card, or a Blenrep copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers or free Blenrep samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Blenrep if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Blenrep medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Blenrep cost without insurance?
Blenrep costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Blenrep intravenous powder for injection 100 mg will typically cost around $8,780 for a supply of 1 powder for injection. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
How much does Blenrep cost with insurance?
The copay of Blenrep will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Blenrep?
Blenrep is an FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). It is a B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA)-directed antibody and microtubule inhibitor conjugate indicated for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma who have received at least 4 prior therapies including an anti-CD38 monoclonal antibody, a proteasome inhibitor, and an immunomodulatory agent.
What doses of Blenrep are available?
Blenrep is available for injection: 100 mg as a lyophilized powder in a single-dose vial for reconstitution and further dilution.
Due to the risk of ocular toxicity, Blenrep is only available through a restricted program called the Blenrep REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy).
- You must read and agree to all of the instructions in the Blenrep REMS before starting treatment. You must be enrolled in the Blenrep REMS and follow the requirements for eye exams in order to receive your treatment
- Please see the full Prescribing Information, including Boxed Warning and Medication Guide
Blenrep active ingredients
Belantamab mafodotin-blmf is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC). The antibody part is directed against BCMA, a protein released on normal B lymphocytes and multiple myeloma cells. The small molecule part is MMAF, a microtubule inhibitor. After binding to BCMA, belantamab mafodotin-blmf is internalized, followed by the release of MMAF via proteolytic cleavage. The released MMAF intracellularly disrupts the microtubule network, leading to cell cycle arrest and eventual death.
Blenrep side effects
The most common side effects of Blenrep in clinical trials include:
- Keratopathy (corneal epithelium change on eye exam)
- Decreased visual acuity
- Nausea, blurred vision
- Infusion-related reactions
In rare instances, Blenrep can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Dry eyes, severe vision loss, and corneal ulcer – patients are advised to use preservative-free lubricant eye drops and to avoid wearing contact lenses unless directed to do so by an ophthalmologist
- Signs of bleeding in the brain – weakness, dizziness, confusion, numbness or tingling on one side of the body, loss of movement in your face
- Laboratory abnormalities – decreased platelets, lymphocytes, hemoglobin, neutrophils. Increased creatinine increased, and gamma-glutamyl transferase increased
Your healthcare professional will assess the benefits of using Blenrep against your risk of side effects.
Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Blenrep to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Blenrep drug interactions
There is currently no information provided. You are advised to tell your doctor about all your current medicines, including prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, herbal products, and supplements.
You should not use Blenrep if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient belantamab mafodotin
Talk to your doctor before using Blenrep if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Blenrep
- Have eye problems
- Have vision problems
- Have bleeding problems
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant – Belantamab mafodotin can harm an unborn baby if the mother or the father is using this medicine. Based on its mechanism of action, Blenrep contains a genotoxic compound (the microtubule inhibitor, monomethyl auristatin F [MMAF]) that targets actively dividing cells. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during treatment and for 4 months after the last dose and may need to have a negative pregnancy test before starting this treatment. Males with female partners of reproductive potential are advised to use effective contraception during treatment and for 6 months after the last dose. Tell your doctor immediately if a pregnancy occurs while either the mother or the father is using Blenrep
- Do not breastfeed while using this medicine, and for at least 3 months after your last dose
Blenrep is the trademark brand name for belantamab mafodotin manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline. A generic version of belantamab mafodotin is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Blenrep savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.