Is NiceRx a Byvalson coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Byvalson coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Byvalson manufacturer coupons, Byvalson discounts, rebates, Byvalson savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs.
Byvalson patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Byvalson cost without insurance?
Byvalson prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Byvalson oral tablets (5 mg-80 mg) will typically cost around $135 for 30 tablets.
How much does Byvalson cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Byvalson with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Byvalson?
Byvalson is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Allergan. It contains nebivolol, a beta-blocker, and valsartan, an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB), and is used for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure). Reducing blood pressure lowers your risk of cardiovascular events, mainly strokes and myocardial infarctions.
What doses of Byvalson are available?
Byvalson is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 5 mg/ 80 mg.
As initial therapy, the recommended dose is 5 mg/ 80 mg orally once daily. The maximum antihypertensive effects are observed within 2 to 4 weeks.
Please read the drug information provided and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Byvalson active ingredients
Byvalson contains nebivolol and valsartan as the active ingredients.
Byvalson side effects
The most common side effects of Byvalson in clinical trials include:
- Worsening of coronary artery disease when treatment is stopped
- Treatment may mask symptoms of hypoglycemia in diabetes
- Embryo-fetal toxicity
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Byvalson against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Byvalson to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Byvalson drug interactions
Byvalson can interact with other medications. These include:
- CYP2D6 enzyme inhibitors
- Reserpine or clonidine
- Digitalis glycosides
- Verapamil or diltiazem-type calcium channel blockers may cause a reduction in heart rate, blood pressure, and cardiac contractility
- Potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium supplements, or salt substitutes
- NSAIDs may lead to an increased risk of renal impairment and loss of antihypertensive effect
- Dual block of the renin-angiotensin system may lead to an increased risk of renal impairment, hypotension, and hyperkalemia
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Byvalson.
You should not use Byvalson if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredients nebivolol or valsartan
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Byvalson
- Have severe bradycardia
- Have heart block greater than first degree
- Have cardiogenic shock, or decompensated cardiac failure
- Have Sick sinus syndrome (unless a permanent pacemaker is in place)
- Have a severe hepatic impairment
- Have severe heart failure
- Are diabetic and taking aliskiren
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Byvalson if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Byvalson
- Have low potassium blood levels
- Have an overactive thyroid
- Are on a low-salt-diet
- Are dehydrated
Byvalson is the trademark brand name for nebivolol and valsartan manufactured by Allergan. A generic version of nebivolol and valsartan is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Byvalson savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.