Your monthly Camptosar cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Camptosar patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Camptosar prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Camptosar patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Camptosar patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Camptosar patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Camptosar patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Camptosar. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Camptosar assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Camptosar patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Camptosar medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Camptosar coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Camptosar patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Camptosar manufacturer coupons, Camptosar discounts, or free Camptosar samples. We are not a Camptosar coupon provider or Camptosar discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Camptosar cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Camptosar patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Camptosar medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Camptosar cost without insurance?
Camptosar cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Camptosar intravenous solution (20 mg/mL) usually costs $40 for 2 milliliters. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Camptosar cost with insurance?
The copay for Camptosar with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Camptosar?
Camptosar is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Pfizer Inc. Camptosar is a topoisomerase inhibitor indicated for:
- First-line therapy in combination with 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin for patients with metastatic carcinoma of the colon or rectum
- Patients with metastatic carcinoma of the colon or rectum whose disease has recurred or progressed following initial fluorouracil-based therapy
Topoisomerase inhibitors are antineoplastic agents that interfere with the action of topoisomerase enzymes (topoisomerase I and II). Topoisomerase enzymes control the manipulation of the structure of DNA necessary for replication.
Early and late forms of diarrhea can occur. Early diarrhea may be accompanied by cholinergic symptoms which may be prevented or reduced by atropine. Late diarrhea can be life-threatening and should be treated with loperamide. Monitor patients with diarrhea and give fluid and electrolytes as needed. Use antibiotic therapy if you develop ileus, fever, or severe neutropenia. Interrupt treatment and reduce subsequent doses if severe diarrhea occurs.
What doses of Camptosar are available?
Camptosar is available in injection form, in the following doses: 2 mL-fill vials containing 40 mg irinotecan hydrochloride injection, 5 mL-fill vials containing 100 mg irinotecan hydrochloride injection, 15 mL-fill vials containing 300 mg irinotecan hydrochloride injection.
Please read the full prescribing information and drug information for the boxed warning and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Camptosar active ingredients
Camptosar contains irinotecan as the active ingredient.
Camptosar side effects
The most common side effects of Camptosar in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, weight loss, abdominal cramping, diarrhea, constipation, anorexia
- Neutropenia, leukopenia (including lymphocytopenia), anemia, thrombocytopenia, asthenia
- Pain, fever, runny nose, infection
- Abnormal bilirubin
- Hair loss
In rare instances, Camptosar can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Fever of 100.4° F (38° C) or higher, chills (possible signs of infection)
- Fainting, dizziness, lightheadedness, dark-colored urine
- Diarrhea and cholinergic reactions
- Renal impairment and renal failure
- Pulmonary toxicity
- Embryo-fetal toxicity
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Camptosar against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Camptosar to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Camptosar drug interactions
Camptosar can interact with other medications. These include:
- Azole antifungals – ketoconazole, itraconazole
- HIV protease inhibitors – ritonavir, atazanavir
- Rifamycins – rifabutin
- St. John’s wort
- Drugs used to treat seizures – carbamazepine, phenytoin
- Foods or products containing tumeric (curcumin)
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Camptosar. Tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take.
You should not use Camptosar if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient irinotecan
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Camptosar
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – Use effective birth control to prevent pregnancy while you are using Camptosar and for at least 6 months after your last dose
Talk to your doctor before using Camptosar if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Camptosar
- Have recently had immunizations or vaccinations
- Have renal impairment or are on dialysis
- Have hepatic impairment
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Camptosar is the trademark brand name for irinotecan manufactured by Pfizer Inc. A generic version of irinotecan is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Camptosar savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.