Your monthly Clenpiq cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Clenpiq prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
|Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|12 g-3.5 g-10 mg/160 mL - 320ml solution
Am I eligible for Clenpiq patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Clenpiq patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Clenpiq enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Clenpiq patient assistance program?
Applying for the Clenpiq patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Clenpiq, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Clenpiq assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Clenpiq patient assistance program, we will also request your Clenpiq medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Clenpiq coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Clenpiq coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We do not offer printable Clenpiq manufacturer coupons, Clenpiq discounts, rebates, Clenpiq savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Clenpiq medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Clenpiq if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Clenpiq patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Clenpiq
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Clenpiq prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Clenpiq cost without insurance?
Clenpiq prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Clenpiq oral solution (12 g-3.5 g-10 mg/160 mL) will typically cost around $180 for 320 milliliters.
How much does Clenpiq cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Clenpiq with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Clenpiq?
Clenpiq is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc. It is a combination of sodium picosulfate, a stimulant laxative, magnesium oxide, and anhydrous citric acid, which form magnesium citrate, an osmotic laxative, indicated for colon cleansing and bowel preparation for colonoscopy in adults and pediatric patients ages 9 years and older.
What doses of Clenpiq are available?
Clenpiq is available in oral solution form, in the following doses: 10 mg of sodium picosulfate, 3.5 g of magnesium oxide, and 12 g of anhydrous citric acid in 160 mL of solution.
You must dilute the powder form of this medicine with 5 ounces of cold water before taking it. The oral solution (liquid) may be taken without adding water. Do not eat solid food once you start taking this medicine. Do not drink any fluids at least 2 hours before the colonoscopy.
You will need to drink extra water once you start your colon prep. Drink only clear liquids and do not drink alcohol, milk, or any drink that is red or purple. Your clear liquid diet may consist of water (plain or flavored), black coffee or tea (no milk, cream, soy, or non-dairy creamer), clear broth or bouillon, sports drinks (not red or purple), clear juices without pulp (such as apple juice, or white grape juice), ginger ale and other sodas (not red or purple), plain jello (not red or purple), or frozen juice bars (not red or purple).
Call your doctor if you are sick with vomiting and cannot drink enough water for your bowel prep, or if you have a headache, dizziness, or decreased urination.
Please read all medication guides and instructions for use sheets and always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition. Store Clenpiq at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
Clenpiq active ingredients
Clenpiq contains sodium picosulfate, magnesium oxide, and anhydrous citric acid as the active ingredients.
Clenpiq side effects
The most common side effects of Clenpiq in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, headache, vomiting
- Abdominal pain, bloating
- Very watery bowel movements
In rare instances, Clenpiq can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Feeling faint
- Risk of fluid and electrolyte abnormalities
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeats)
- Renal impairment
- Mucosal ulcerations
- Suspected GI obstruction or perforation
- Risk for aspiration
- Rectal bleeding
- Problems swallowing, trouble drinking liquids
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Clenpiq against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Clenpiq to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Clenpiq drug interactions
Clenpiq can interact with other medications. These include:
- Drugs that may increase risks of fluid and electrolyte abnormalities
- Clenpiq can reduce the absorption of other co-administered drugs – administer oral medications at least one hour before the start of administration of Clenpiq. Administer tetracycline and fluoroquinolone antibiotics, iron, digoxin, chlorpromazine, and penicillamine at least 2 hours before and not less than 6 hours after administration of Clenpiq to avoid chelation with magnesium
- Prior or concomitant use of antibiotics with Clenpiq may reduce the efficacy of Clenpiq
- Treatments for high blood pressure
- Treatments for a kidney problem
- Medication for depression or mental illness
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – aspirin, ibuprofen naproxen, meloxicam
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Clenpiq. about all the medicines you take, including prescription drugs and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Clenpiq if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient sodium picosulfate, magnesium oxide, and anhydrous citric acid
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Clenpiq
- Have a severe renal impairment
- Have gastrointestinal (GI) obstruction or ileus
- Have a bowel perforation
- Have toxic colitis or toxic megacolon
- Have gastric retention
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Clenpiq if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Clenpiq
- Have dehydration and an electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of potassium, magnesium, or sodium in your blood)
- Have a stomach or intestinal disorder, including ulcerative colitis
- Have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Have kidney problems
- Have heart problems
- Suffer from seizures
- Have alcohol withdrawal
- Have recently used a sedative
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Clenpiq is the trademark brand name for sodium picosulfate, magnesium oxide, and anhydrous citric acid manufactured by Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc. A generic version of sodium picosulfate, magnesium oxide, and anhydrous citric acid is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Clenpiq savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.