Cotellic Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Cotellic medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Cotellic cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Cotellic prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Cotellic patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Cotellic patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Cotellic enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Cotellic patient assistance program?
Applying for the Cotellic patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Cotellic, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Cotellic assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Cotellic patient assistance program, we will also request your Cotellic medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Cotellic coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Cotellic coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Cotellic manufacturer coupons, Cotellic discounts, rebates, Cotellic savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Cotellic medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Cotellic cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Cotellic patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Cotellic
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Cotellic prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Cotellic cost without insurance?
Cotellic prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Cotellic oral tablets 20 mg will typically cost around $7,750 for 63 tablets.
How much does Cotellic cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Cotellic with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Cotellic?
Cotellic is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication distributed by Genentech USA, Inc., a member of the Roche Group.
Cotellic is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of patients with unresectable or metastatic melanoma (skin cancer that has spread to other parts of the body) with a BRAF V600E or V600K mutation, in combination with Zelboraf (vemurafenib). Cotellic is not indicated for the treatment of patients with wild-type BRAF melanoma.
What doses of Cotellic are available?
Cotellic is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 20 mg.
The recommended dose is 60 mg orally once daily for the first 21 days of each 28-day cycle until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Take Cotellic with or without food.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. Cotellic can make you sunburn more easily. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when you are outdoors.
Please read the full prescribing information for the patient information and always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Cotellic active ingredients
Cotellic contains cobimetinib as the active ingredient.
Cotellic side effects
The most common side effects of Cotellic in clinical trials include:
- Photosensitivity reaction
- Nausea, vomiting
- Increased GGT, CPK, ALT, AST
- Increased alkaline phosphatase
- Vision changes, visual acuity reduced, visual impairment
In rare instances, Cotellic can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Unexplained muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness
- Easy bruising or bleeding (nosebleeds, bleeding gums)
- Severe skin reaction – skin pain, itching, bumps, thickened or wrinkled skin, skin rash that spreads and causes blistering and peeling
- New primary malignancies, cutaneous and non-cutaneous
- Hemorrhage – weakness, dizziness, headache, red or pink urine, bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Cardiomyopathy (heart problems) – cough, wheezing, shortness of breath, chest pain, fast heartbeats, swelling in your feet or ankles
- Serous retinopathy and retinal vein occlusion
- Hepatotoxicity (liver problems) – upper stomach pain, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Rhabdomyolysis – monitor creatine phosphokinase periodically
- Embryo-fetal toxicity
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Cotellic against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Cotellic to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Cotellic drug interactions
Cotellic can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong or moderate CYP3A inducers or inhibitors – itraconazole
- Strong or moderate CYP3A 225 inhibitors – erythromycin, ciprofloxacin
- St. John’s Wort
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Cotellic.
You should not use Cotellic if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient cobimetinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Cotellic
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – It could harm the unborn baby
Talk to your doctor before using Cotellic if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Cotellic
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – it is not known whether cobimetinib passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not breastfeed while taking Cotellic and for 2 weeks after the final dose
Cotellic is the trademark brand name for cobimetinib distributed by: Genentech USA, Inc., a member of the Roche Group. A generic version of cobimetinib is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Cotellic savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.