Crixivan Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Crixivan medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Crixivan cost savings if eligible
The Crixivan patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Crixivan, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Crixivan patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Crixivan assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Crixivan patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Crixivan patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Crixivan.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Crixivan assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Crixivan patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Crixivan.
Is NiceRx a Crixivan coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Crixivan patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Crixivan samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Crixivan coupons, discount cards, or Crixivan copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Crixivan cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Crixivan medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Crixivan cost without insurance?
Crixivan prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Crixivan oral capsules 400 mg typically cost $500 for 180 capsules.
How much does Crixivan cost with insurance?
The copay for Crixivan will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Crixivan with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Crixivan?
Crixivan is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Merck & Co., Inc. It belongs to a class of drugs called antiretroviral agents; HIV, protease inhibitors and is used to prevent human immunodeficiency virus (HIV infection) from multiplying in your body. HIV is the virus that can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
What doses of Crixivan are available?
Crixivan is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 100 mg, 200 mg, 400 mg.
Take on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal, or with a light meal such as dry toast with jelly, or corn flakes with skim milk and sugar. Avoid eating a high-fat meal. Take Crixivan with a full glass (8 ounces) of water, skim milk, juice, coffee, or tea. Drink at least 6 glasses of water each day to prevent kidney stones while you are taking this medicine.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep the capsules in their original container, with the packet or canister of moisture-absorbing preservatives. Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Crixivan active ingredients
Crixivan contains indinavir sulfate as the active ingredient.
Crixivan side effects
The most common side effects of Crixivan in clinical trials include:
- Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Indigestion, heartburn
- Changes in appetite
- Headaches, tiredness, feeling weak
- Back pain
- Rash, itching, dry skin
- Cold symptoms
- Changes in the shape or location of body fat
In rare instances, Crixivan can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Painful or difficult urination
- Blood cell disorders
- High blood sugar
- Kidney stones
- Liver problems – upper stomach pain, tiredness, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Signs of a new infection – fever, swollen glands, mouth sores, diarrhea, stomach pain, weight loss
- Chest pain
- Increased heart rate, feeling anxious
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Crixivan against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Crixivan to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Crixivan drug interactions
Crixivan can interact with other medications. These include:
- Calcium-channel blockers – amlodipine, felodipine, nicardipine, and nifedipine
- Treatments for seizures – carbamazepine, phenytoin
- Cholesterol-lowering medications – atorvastatin, lovastatin, rosuvastatin
- Azole antifungals – fluconazole, ketoconazole, itraconazole
- Other medications for HIV – atazanavir, delavirdine, efavirenz, nelfinavir, nevirapine, ritonavir, saquinavir
- Medications for an irregular heartbeat – lidocaine, quinidine
- Medications that suppress the immune system – cyclosporine, sirolimus, tacrolimus
- Certain phosphodiesterase inhibitors (PDE-5 inhibitors) used for erectile dysfunction – sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil
- Rifabutin, rifampin
- HIV nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors – didanosine, lamivudine, tenofovir, zidovudine
- Antipsychotic medicine – pimozide
- Ergot medicines – dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, ergonovine, methylergonovine
- Sedatives – midazolam, alprazolam, triazolam
- St john’s wort
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Crixivan. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Crixivan if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient indinavir sulfate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Crixivan
- Are younger than 18 years old
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – Women with HIV or AIDS should not breast feed even if their baby is born without HIV, the virus may be passed to the baby in your breast milk
Talk to your doctor before using Crixivan if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Crixivan
- Have cirrhosis or other liver diseases
- Have kidney disease or kidney stones
- Have diabetes
- Have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – your name may be listed on a pregnancy registry to track the outcome of the pregnancy and to evaluate any effects of indinavir on the baby
Crixivan is the trademark brand name for indinavir sulfate manufactured by Merck & Co., Inc. A generic version of indinavir sulfate is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Crixivan savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.