Your monthly Cuprimine cost savings if eligible
The Cuprimine patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Cuprimine, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Cuprimine patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Cuprimine assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Cuprimine patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Cuprimine patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Cuprimine.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Cuprimine assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Cuprimine patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Cuprimine.
Is NiceRx a Cuprimine coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Cuprimine patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Cuprimine samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Cuprimine coupons, discount cards, or Cuprimine copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Cuprimine cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Cuprimine medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Cuprimine cost without insurance?
Cuprimine prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Cuprimine oral capsules 250 mg typically cost $27,600 for 100 capsules.
How much does Cuprimine cost with insurance?
The copay for Cuprimine will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Cuprimine with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Cuprimine?
Cuprimine is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication. Cuprimine is used for:
- The treatment of rheumatoid arthritis – penicillamine is known as a disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD). It helps to decrease pain and swelling in the joints
- The treatment of Wilson’s disease – penicillamine is a chelating agent that binds to copper and helps it to be removed from the body. Decreasing copper levels helps to improve liver function and the mental/mood/nerve problems caused by the disease
- The treatment of cystinuria – penicillamine helps to decrease the amount of cystine (an amino acid) in the urine which can cause kidney stones
What doses of Cuprimine are available?
Cuprimine is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 250 mg.
Take Cuptimine by mouth on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals, as directed by your doctor. Take this medication at least 1 hour apart from other drugs, especially antacids.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Cuprimine active ingredients
Cuprimine contains penicillamine as the active ingredient.
Cuprimine side effects
The most common side effects of penicillamine in clinical trials include:
- Reduced sense of taste
- Changes in the skin such as wrinkling
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, loss of appetite
- Ringing in your ears
- Wounds that will not heal
In rare instances, Cuprimine can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- New or worsening joint pain
- Muscle weakness
- Drooping eyelids, double vision
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- New or worsening cough, fever
- Trouble breathing
- Blisters or ulcers in your mouth
- Skin rash
- Difficulty urinating
- Fluid retention
- Low blood cell counts
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Cuprimine against your risk of adverse effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Cuprimine to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Cuprimine drug interactions
Cuprimine can interact with other medications. These include:
- Gold injections
- Treatments for malaria – chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine
- Antipsychotics – clozapine
- Other DMARDs – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Iron treatments – ferrous fumarate, ferrous gluconate, ferrous sulfate
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Cuprimine. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take including prescription drugs and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Cuprimine if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient penicillamine
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Cuprimine
- Have kidney disease
- Have developed an infection or damaged blood cells after taking Cuprimine in the past
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Cuprimine if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Cuprimine
- Have liver disease
- Have an allergy to penicillin
- Have a stomach ulcer
- Have a weak immune system
Cuprimine is the trademark brand name for penicillamine. A generic version of penicillamine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Cuprimine savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.