Cycloset Coupon & Prices
Get notified when Cycloset medication is added to NiceRxGet Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Cycloset cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Cycloset patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Cycloset prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Cycloset patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Cycloset patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however, the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Cycloset patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Cycloset patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Cycloset. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Cycloset assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Cycloset patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Cycloset medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Cycloset coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Cycloset patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Cycloset manufacturer coupons, Cycloset discounts, or free Cycloset samples. We are not a Cycloset coupon provider or Cycloset discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Cycloset cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Cycloset patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Cycloset medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Cycloset cost without insurance?
Cycloset costs without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Cycloset oral tablets 0.8 mg usually cost $1,100 for 200 tablets. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Cycloset cost with insurance?
The copay for Cycloset with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Cycloset?
Cycloset is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by VeroScience. It is a dopamine receptor agonist indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control (blood sugar/glucose levels) in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Cycloset should not be used to treat type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. There is limited data for its use in combination with thiazolidinediones and its efficacy has not been confirmed in combination with insulin.
What doses of Cycloset are available?
Cycloset is available in tablet formulation, in the following doses: 0.8 mg tablets.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Cycloset active ingredients
Cycloset contains bromocriptine mesylate as the active ingredient.
Cycloset side effects
The most common side effects of Cycloset in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, constipation
- Dizziness, drowsiness, headache
- Heartburn, runny nose, and weakness
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) – carry glucose tablets or gel to treat low blood sugar
In rare instances, Cycloset can cause more serious adverse events. These can include:
- Hypotension (low blood pressure) – a drop in blood pressure is more likely when you are first starting the medication, when your dose is increased, or when you get up suddenly from a sitting or lying position. Use caution if taking anti-hypertensive medications
- High blood pressure (hypertension), heart attack, seizures, stroke
- Psychosis – may exacerbate psychotic disorders or reduce the effectiveness of drugs that treat psychosis
Get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including rash, itching, swelling, especially of the face, tongue, or throat, severe dizziness, and trouble breathing.
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Cycloset against your risk of adverse effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Cycloset to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Cycloset drug interactions
Cycloset can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong inhibitors, inducers, or substrates for CYP3A4
- Dopamine receptor antagonists – clozapine, olanzapine, ziprasidone
- Other dopamine receptor agonists indicated for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, hyperprolactinemia, restless leg syndrome, acromegaly, and other disorders (phenothiazines, butyrophenones, thioxanthenes, or metoclopramide)
- Other concomitantly used highly protein-bound therapies – salicylates, sulfonamides, chloramphenicol, and probenecid
- Ergot-related drugs
- Selective 5-hydroxytryptamine1B (5-HT1B) agonists – sumatriptan
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Cycloset. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Cycloset if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient bromocriptine mesylate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Cycloset
- Have hypersensitivity to ergot-related drugs
- Suffer from syncopal migraines
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – may inhibit lactation
Talk to your doctor before using Cycloset if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Cycloset
- Have type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis
- Have ever passed out or fainted
- Suffer from migraine headaches
- Have or have had low blood pressure
- Have or have had a mental health condition, especially a psychotic disorder
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Cycloset is the trademark brand name for bromocriptine mesylate manufactured by VeroScience. A generic version of bromocriptine mesylate is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Cycloset savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability and acceptance by the pharmaceutical companies. NiceRx is not responsible for any delays or rejection by the pharmaceutical companies.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.