Your monthly Cyklokapron cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Cyklokapron prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Cyklokapron patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Cyklokapron patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Cyklokapron enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Cyklokapron patient assistance program?
Applying for the Cyklokapron patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Cyklokapron, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Cyklokapron assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Cyklokapron patient assistance program, we will also request your Cyklokapron medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Cyklokapron coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Cyklokapron coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Cyklokapron manufacturer coupons, Cyklokapron discounts, rebates, Cyklokapron savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Cyklokapron medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Cyklokapron cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Cyklokapron patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Cyklokapron
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Cyklokapron prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Cyklokapron cost without insurance?
Cyklokapron prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Cyklokapron intravenous solution (100 mg/mL) will typically cost around $40 for 10 milliliters.
How much does Cyklokapron cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Cyklokapron with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Cyklokapron?
Cyklokapron is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication distributed by Pharmacia & Upjohn Co Division of Pfizer Inc. Cyklokapron is an antifibrinolytic agent that prevents the breakdown of blood clots in the body. It is used in patients with hemophilia for short-term use to reduce or prevent hemorrhage and the need for replacement treatment during and after tooth extraction.
What doses of Cyklokapron are available?
Cyklokapron is available in injection form, in the following doses: 10 mg/mL in a single-dose bag for intravenous use.
Based on actual body weight give tranexamic acid in sodium chloride injection intravenously with replacement therapy before the extraction. After extraction give tranexamic acid 3-4 times daily for 2 to 8 days. To avoid hypotension give no more than 10 mL/minute, and reduce the dosage for patients with renal impairment.
Please read the prescribing information provided and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Cyklokapron active ingredients
Cyklokapron contains tranexamic acid as the active ingredient. It is classed as a miscellaneous coagulation modifier.
Cyklokapron side effects
The most common side effects of Cyklokapron in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Allergic dermatitis
- Tranexamic acid is an antifibrinolytic agent (inhibits fibrinolysis by displacing plasminogen from fibrin) and may increase the risk of thromboembolic events
In rare instances, Cyklokapron can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Risk of thrombosis with concomitant use of Factor IX
- Visual or ocular adverse effects
- Hypersensitivity reactions including anaphylaxis – in cases of a severe reaction, discontinue use and seek immediate medical attention
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Cyklokapron against your risk of adverse events. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Cyklokapron to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Cyklokapron drug interactions
Cyklokapron can interact with other medications. These include:
- Prothrombotic products can further increase the risk of thrombosis. These medications include Factor IX complex concentrates, anti-inhibitor coagulant concentrates, and hormonal contraceptives
- Chlorpromazine – may result in increased risk of bleeding
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Cyklokapron.
You should not use Cyklokapron if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient tranexamic acid
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Cyklokapron
- Have had a subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Have active intravascular clotting
- Have problems with your color vision
- Have a history of stroke, blood clot, or bleeding in your brain
Talk to your doctor before using Cyklokapron if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Cyklokapron
- Have kidney disease
- Have a bladder or kidney infection
- Have leukemia
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – This medication passes into breast milk
Cyklokapron is the trademark brand name for tranexamic acid distributed by Pharmacia & Upjohn Co Division of Pfizer Inc. A generic version of tranexamic acid is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Cyklokapron savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.