How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Depakote cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Depakote patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Depakote patient assistance?
We review each Depakote enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Depakote patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Depakote patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Depakote, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Depakote coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Depakote coupon, Depakote discount card, or Depakote copay card provider. We do not offer Depakote manufacturer coupons, Depakote discounts, rebates, Depakote savings cards, trial offers, or free Depakote samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me get Depakote cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Depakote
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Depakote prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Depakote cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Depakote costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Depakote oral delayed-release tablets 500 mg will cost around $700 for 100 tablets.
How much does Depakote cost with insurance?
The copay for Depakote will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Depakote?
Depakote is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by AbbVie Inc. Depakote is an anti-epileptic drug indicated for:
- Treatment of manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder
- Monotherapy and adjunctive therapy of complex partial seizures (epilepsy) and simple and complex absence seizures; adjunctive therapy in patients with multiple seizure types that include absence seizures
- Prophylaxis of migraine headaches
What doses of Depakote are available?
Depakote is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 125 mg, 250mg, and 500mg.
Your recommended dose of Depakote is determined by the condition you are being treated for. Depakote tablets should be swallowed whole, and should not be crushed or chewed. If you miss a dose take the medicine as soon as you can, but skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Depakote active ingredients
The active ingredient of Depakote is divalproex sodium, an anticonvulsant.
Depakote side effects
The most common side effects of Depakote in clinical trials include:
- Abdominal pain
- Alopecia (hair loss)
- Blurred vision, dizziness
- Back pain
- Constipation, diarrhea
- Depression, emotional lability
- Fever, headache
- Increased appetite
- Insomnia, somnolence, drowsiness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Peripheral edema
- Rhinitis, sore throat, cough, wheezing, trouble breathing
- Weight gain, loss of appetite, weight loss
In rare instances, Depakote can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Easy bruising, unusual bleeding, purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin
- Fever, swollen glands, mouth sores
- Confusion, tiredness, change in your mental state
- Severe drowsiness
- Worsening seizures
- Life-threatening adverse reactions – Hepatotoxicity (liver damage), Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), symptoms include loss of appetite, upper stomach pain (that may spread to your back), ongoing nausea or vomiting, dark urine, swelling in the face, or jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Birth defects
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior
- Thrombocytopenia – monitor platelet counts and coagulation tests
- Hyperammonemia and hyperammonemic encephalopathy
- Multi-organ hypersensitivity reaction
- Somnolence in the elderly can occur
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Depakote against your risk of adverse effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Depakote to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Depakote drug interactions
Depakote can interact with other medications. These include:
- Hepatic enzyme-inducing drugs – phenytoin, carbamazepine, primidone, phenobarbital, rifampin
- Other drugs – diazepam, ethosuximide, lamotrigine, phenytoin, by inhibiting their metabolism or protein binding displacement
- Amitriptyline, nortryptyline
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Depakote. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Depakote if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient divalproex sodium or valproic acid
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Depakote
- Have liver disease or liver problems
- Have urea cycle disorders
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – If you are not pregnant, use effective birth control (contraception). It has been suggested that exposure to valproate products during pregnancy increases the risk of autism spectrum disorders
Talk to your doctor about your medical condition before using Depakote if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Depakote
- Are a child under two years of age
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Depakote is the trademark brand name for divalproex sodium manufactured by AbbVie Inc. A generic version of divalproex sodium is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Depakote savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.