Have you been prescribed Edarbi medication? Do you need help paying for it? If so, then try NiceRx. With our help, you may be able to get your Edarbi for just $49 per month*.
NiceRx helps you enroll in patient assistance programs for prescription medications. We work directly with your healthcare provider and handle the full application process for you. We help you to get easy and affordable access to the medications you need, without the stress.
Your monthly Edarbi cost savings if eligible
With our help, you could receive your Edarbi prescription for a flat fee of $49 per month. This means that you could save the following every month:
|Strength||Avg. monthly price at
a US pharmacy
|40mg 30 tablets||$200.00||$49.00||$151.00|
|80mg 30 tablets||$220.00||$49.00||$171.00|
Am I eligible for the Edarbi patient assistance program?
You can apply online through NiceRx to understand if you meet the eligibility criteria for Edarbi assistance. If you are eligible, you could receive your Edarbi without paying the full retail price. We review each Edarbi assistance program application individually, although the main factors considered by the majority of programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Edarbi patient assistance program?
To apply for the Edarbi patient assistance program, just fill in your enrollment application online.
You’ll need to tell us about any medications you’re taking, including Edarbi. It’s important to provide accurate information about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
Having determined your eligibility for Edarbi assistance, NiceRx will handle the full application process for you. Once enrolled in the Edarbi patient assistance program, we’ll also request your Edarbi medication refills on your behalf for up to one year.
Is NiceRx an Edarbi coupons provider?
No, NiceRx is not an Edarbi coupon, an Edarbi discount card, or an Edarbi copay card provider. NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Edarbi patient assistance program. That means that we don’t offer printable Edarbi manufacturer coupons, Edarbi discounts, rebates, Edarbi savings cards, trial offers, or free Edarbi samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Edarbi if I have insurance?
Yes, we may be able to help you if you have insurance. This includes when your insurance company won’t pay for your Edarbi medication. We may even be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility, or if you don’t have insurance. Apply online to find out more.
How much is Edarbi with insurance?
The cost of Edarbi with insurance will depend on the terms of your personal healthcare plan. To find out what you may need to pay contact your insurance provider or pharmacist. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Edarbi cost without insurance?
Edarbi prices without insurance will vary depending on the strength of the tablet you buy and where you buy it from. As a guide, a pack of 30, 80 mg Edarbi tablets will cost around $290.
What is Edarbi?
Edarbi is a medication prescribed to adults to reduce high blood pressure (hypertension). Your blood pressure is the force of your blood pressing against your blood vessels as it’s pumped around your body. If this force becomes too high, it can be bad for you. If you have prolonged high blood pressure, you have a condition called hypertension, which can be very harmful. Over time, it can increase your risk of a range of conditions, including strokes, coronary heart disease, heart failure, artery disease, vision loss and blindness, chronic kidney disease, and dementia.
You can treat high blood pressure by exercising and changing your diet to reduce your weight. Giving up smoking and reducing your salt and alcohol intake should help too. Medications, like Edarbi, also assist. Edarbi helps with hypertension by relaxing and opening up your blood vessels to reduce your blood pressure. It’s taken as a tablet that’s swallowed, usually once a day.
Edarbi active ingredients
The active ingredient in Edarbi is called azilsartan medoxomil. It’s a type of medication called an angiotensin II receptor blocker that helps reduce your blood pressure.
Azilsartan medoxomil works by blocking a hormone in your body called angiotensin II. Angiotensin II helps your body regulate blood pressure and water levels. When it attaches to areas called receptors on the inside of your blood vessels, it causes the blood vessels to contract and tighten. This can give you high blood pressure or can make your high blood pressure worse.
Azilsartan medoxomil stops angiotensin II having this effect. It binds to the receptor instead, blocking angiotensin II from attaching to it. This prevents the hormone from contracting your blood vessels and allows them to relax and open up, lowering your blood pressure.
Edarbi side effects & Edarbi drug interactions
The most common Edarbi side effects include:
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Increased levels of creatine phosphokinase in your blood (this may show up in blood tests)
In rare instances, Edarbi can cause more serious side effects, including:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- Harm or death of your unborn baby
When taken alongside certain other medications, Edarbi can interact with these other medications. Edarbi is known to interact with the following:
- Other blood pressure medications
- Lithium, used to treat mental health disorders
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), medications to treat pain and inflammation, like ibuprofen, diclofenac, or celecoxib
- Acetylsalicyclic, taken to relieve pain and inflammation
- Any medications that increase the amount of potassium in your blood, like potassium supplements, potassium-sparing medicines, or salt substitutes containing potassium
- Heparin, an anticoagulant taken to thin your blood
- Diuretics (water tablets)
Edarbi warnings & precautions
Edarbi can harm and even cause the death of an unborn baby and should not be taken when you’re pregnant. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or are trying for a baby.
Don’t take Edarbi if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient azilsartan medoxomil
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Edarbi
- Are more than three months pregnant
- Have diabetes
- Have a reduced kidney function
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your physician before taking Edarbi if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Edarbi
- Have any heart problems
- Have ever had a stroke
- Have had any kidney problems or are on dialysis
- Have severe liver problems
- Have abnormal electrolyte levels in your blood
- Have high levels of potassium in your blood
- Have a disease of the adrenal gland called primary hyperaldosteronism
- Have a narrowing of the valves in your heart called aortic or mitral valve stenosis
- Have a condition called obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy that gives you an abnormally thickened heart muscle
- Are vomiting or have recently vomited, or have diarrhea
- Are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Edarbi can make you feel dizzy and/or tired. This can impair your ability to drive, use tools, or perform other dangerous tasks. Don’t do so if Edarbi gives you these side effects.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.