Your monthly Emcyt cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Emcyt patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Emcyt patient assistance?
We review each Emcyt enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Emcyt patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Emcyt patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Emcyt, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Emcyt coupon provider?
NiceRx is not an Emcyt coupon, Emcyt discount card, or Emcyt copay card provider. We do not offer Emcyt manufacturer coupons, Emcyt discounts, rebates, Emcyt savings cards, trial offers, or free Emcyt samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me get Emcyt cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Emcyt
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Emcyt prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Emcyt cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Emcyt costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Emcyt oral capsule 140 mg will cost around $1,770 for 100 capsules.
How much does Emcyt cost with insurance?
The copay for Emcyt will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Emcyt?
Emcyt is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Pfizer Inc. It is used to treat some types of prostate cancer.
Estramustine is broken down in the body into the estrogens, estrone, and estradiol, as well as estromustine. Emcyt is thought to work by increasing estrogens, which interfere with prostate cancer and help to slow the growth of cancer cells.
What doses of Emcyt are available?
Emcyt is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 140 mg.
Take Emcyt capsules on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. Do not take it with milk or other dairy products. Your dose will be based on your weight and may change if you gain or lose weight. Effects of treatment may take up to 90 days to be seen.
You may need regular blood tests and your blood pressure will also need to be checked often while receiving treatment with Emcyt. Please read the drug information provided and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Emcyt active ingredients
The active ingredient of Emcyt is estramustine phosphate sodium.
Emcyt side effects
The most common side effects of Emcyt in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, upset stomach, loss of appetite
- Difficulty breathing
- Leg cramps
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Flushing, dry skin
- Decreased sexual interest
- Male breast tenderness, enlargement
In rare instances, Emcyt can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Shortness of breath, rapid weight gain, chest pain or pressure spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating
- Sudden numbness or weakness (especially down one side of the body), severe headache, slurred speech, problems with balance
- Chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Emcyt against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Emcyt to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Emcyt drug interactions
Emcyt can interact with other medications. These include:
- Milk products
- Calcium supplements, or calcium-rich foods
- Antacids or vitamin/mineral supplements that contain calcium
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Emcyt.
You should not use Emcyt if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient estramustine phosphate sodium
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Emcyt
- Have a blood clot, or swelling of a vein caused by a blood clot
- Have had an allergic reaction to estradiol or nitrogen mustard
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – Men should use condoms (birth control) to prevent pregnancy during their treatment
Talk to your doctor before using Emcyt if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Emcyt
- Have had a blood clot, stroke, or heart attack
- Have diabetes
- Have high blood pressure, heart disease, or congestive heart failure
- Suffer from migraine headaches
- Suffer from epilepsy or other seizure disorders
- Have low or high levels of calcium in your blood
- Have liver disease or kidney disease
- Have osteoporosis, Paget’s disease or any other bone problems
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Emcyt is the trademark brand name for estramustine phosphate sodium manufactured by Pfizer Inc. A generic version of estramustine phosphate sodium is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Emcyt savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.