How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Eprontia cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Eprontia prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Eprontia patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Eprontia patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Eprontia enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Eprontia patient assistance program?
Applying for the Eprontia patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Eprontia, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Eprontia assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Eprontia patient assistance program, we will also request your Eprontia medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx an Eprontia coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Eprontia coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Eprontia manufacturer coupons, Eprontia discounts, rebates, Eprontia savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Eprontia medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Eprontia cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Eprontia patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Eprontia
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Eprontia prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Eprontia cost without insurance?
Eprontia prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Eprontia oral solution (25 mg/mL) will typically cost around $700 for 473 milliliters.
How much does Eprontia cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Eprontia with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Eprontia?
Eprontia is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Tulex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for Azurity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. It is used:
- As initial monotherapy for the treatment of partial-onset or primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures (epilepsy) in patients 2 years of age and older
- As adjunctive therapy to treat certain types of seizures (partial-onset seizures, primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures, and seizures linked to Lennox-Gastaut syndrome) in adults and children 2 years and older
- To stop migraine headaches in adults and adolescents 12 years and older
What doses of Eprontia are available?
Eprontia is available in oral solution form, in the following doses: 25 mg in 1mL
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Eprontia active ingredients
Eprontia contains topiramate as the active ingredient.
Eprontia side effects
The most common side effects of Eprontia in clinical trials include:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, loss of coordination
- Tingling in the hands and feet
- Loss of appetite, bad taste in your mouth, diarrhea, and weight loss
- Difficulty concentrating
- Memory problems
- Problems with speech
In rare instances, Eprontia can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Kidney stones – symptoms include severe back, abdominal, and groin pain, fever, painful urination, rapid breathing, irregular heartbeat, bone pain, loss of consciousness, and unusual bleeding or bruising
- Depression, suicidal thoughts, or other mood problems when taken with anticonvulsants
- Serious eye problems such as a sudden decrease in vision with or without eye pain and redness, and secondary angle-closure glaucoma
- Decreased sweating and fever
- Metabolic acidosis can cause brittle or soft bones (osteoporosis, osteopenia), and kidney stones. Metabolic acidosis can occur with or without symptoms such as tiredness, loss of appetite, changes in heartbeat, or problems thinking clearly
Your caregiver will assess the benefits of using Eprontia against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Eprontia to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Eprontia drug interactions
Eprontia can interact with other medications. These include:
- Valproic acid
- Medicines that impair or decrease your ability to think, concentrate, or have muscle coordination
- Birth control pills
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Eprontia. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
You should not use Eprontia if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient topiramate
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Eprontia
Talk to your doctor before using Eprontia if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Eprontia
- Have depression, mood problems, or suicidal thoughts or behavior
- Have kidney problems
- Have a history of metabolic acidosis
- Have liver problems
- Have weak, brittle, or soft bones
- Have breathing problems
- Have eye problems, especially glaucoma
- Have a ketogenic diet
- Are having surgery
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Eprontia is the trademark brand name for topiramate manufactured by Tulex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for Azurity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of topiramate is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Eprontia savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.