Your monthly Epzicom cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Epzicom prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Epzicom patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Epzicom patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Epzicom enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Epzicom patient assistance program?
Applying for the Epzicom patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Epzicom, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Epzicom assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Epzicom patient assistance program, we will also request your Epzicom medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx an Epzicom coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Epzicom coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Epzicom manufacturer coupons, Epzicom discounts, rebates, Epzicom savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Epzicom medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Epzicom if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Epzicom patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Epzicom
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Epzicom prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Epzicom cost without insurance?
Epzicom prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Epzicom oral tablet (600 mg-300 mg) will typically cost around $1,360 for 30 tablets.
How much does Epzicom cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Epzicom with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Epzicom?
Epzicom is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by ViiV Healthcare. It is a combination of abacavir and lamivudine, which are both nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs), and is indicated in combination with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of HIV-1 infection.
What doses of Epzicom are available?
Epzicom is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 600 mg of abacavir and 300 mg of lamivudine.
Before starting treatment, screen for the HLA-B 5701 allele. Adults should take one tablet orally once daily. Pediatric patients weighing at least 25 kg should take one tablet daily. Epzicom is not recommended in patients requiring dosage adjustment or patients with hepatic impairment. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose. Take your next dose at the regular time.
Use all HIV medications as directed, read the medication guide and the Warning card, and always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Epzicom active ingredients
Epzicom contains abacavir and lamivudine as the active ingredients. They are classed as an antiviral combination.
Epzicom side effects
The most common side effects of Epzicom in clinical trials include:
- Depression, trouble sleeping
- Feeling weak or tired
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Changes in the shape or location of body fat
In rare instances, Epzicom can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain
- General ill feeling, extreme tiredness, body aches
- Shortness of breath, trouble breathing, cough, sore throat
- Lactic acidosis – unusual muscle pain, trouble breathing, stomach pain, vomiting, irregular heartbeats, feeling cold, very weak, or tired
- Liver problems – loss of appetite, stomach pain, tiredness, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice
- Signs of a new infection
- Difficulty speaking or swallowing, problems with balance or eye movement, weakness or prickly feeling
- Swelling in your neck or throat, menstrual changes, impotence
- Hepatic decompensation, some fatal, has occurred in HIV-1/HCV co-infected patients receiving combination antiretroviral therapy and interferon alfa with or without ribavirin
- Immune reconstitution syndrome
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Lactic acidosis and severe hepatomegaly with steatosis
- Severe acute exacerbations of hepatitis B have been reported in patients who are co-infected with hepatitis B virus (HBV) and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) and have discontinued lamivudine
- Increased risk of a heart attack
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Epzicom against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Epzicom to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Epzicom drug interactions
Epzicom can interact with other medications. These include:
- Methadone – an increased methadone dose may be required in a small number of patients
- Vitamin D3
- Emtricitabine is similar to lamivudine and should not be taken with this medication
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Epzicom. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Epzicom if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient abacavir and lamivudine
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Epzicom or Combivir, Epivir, Triumeq, Trizivir, or Ziagen
- Have the HLA-B 5701 allele
- Have moderate or severe hepatic impairment
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Epzicom if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Epzicom
- Have liver disease (especially hepatitis B or C)
- Have kidney disease
- Have heart problems or risk factors such as diabetes, smoking, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol
- Drink alcohol
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Epzicom is the trademark brand name for abacavir/lamivudine manufactured by ViiV Healthcare. A generic version of abacavir/lamivudine is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Epzicom savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.