Your monthly Evrysdi cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Evrysdi patient assistance program you can receive your medication for free. Our monthly service fee of $49 per medication covers the cost of our services in applying for the program and requesting your ongoing refills on your behalf. If you obtain your Evrysdi through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Evrysdi patient assistance program?
You could receive your Evrysdi without paying the full retail price if you meet the eligibility criteria for assistance. The eligibility requirements are set by the pharmaceutical companies that are providing assistance programs. At NiceRx, we review each application individually, although the main factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for Evrysdi patient assistance?
We do everything that we can to take the hassle and stress out of applying for patient assistance programs. Simply start by filling in our enrollment application. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical companies you are applying to for assistance. We may also be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications that you have been prescribed, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Evrysdi.
NiceRx will review the information you have provided, and if we determine that you may be eligible for assistance, we will seek to enroll you in the Evrysdi patient assistance program. We will handle the enrollment process for you by working with your healthcare provider and preparing all the required paperwork for your doctor to sign. We will also request your Evrysdi medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year once you are enrolled in the program.
Is NiceRx an Evrysdi coupons provider?
At NiceRx, we help eligible individuals access the Evrysdi patient assistance program. This means that we are not an Evrysdi coupon, an Evrysdi discount card, or an Evrysdi copay card provider. We do not offer any medication trial offers or free Evrysdi samples.
Can NiceRx help me get Evrysdi if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you if you have insurance, including if your insurance company will not pay for your Evrysdi medication, or you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may even be able to assist if you do not have insurance. Please fill in our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Evrysdi cost without insurance?
Evrysdi costs without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy and the retailer you buy it from. As a guide, Evrysdi oral powder for reconstitution (0.75 mg/mL) will typically cost around $11,700 for 80 milliliters. If you obtain your medication through NiceRx, you will pay a flat monthly rate of $49 per medication regardless of its retail price.
How much does Evrysdi cost with insurance?
The copay of Evrysdi will vary in line with the specific terms of your healthcare plan. For further details about what you may need to pay, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Evrysdi?
Evrysdi is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Genentech, Inc.
Evrysdi is a survival of motor neuron 2 (SMN2) splicing modifier for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) in patients 2 months of age and older.
SMA is a severe, progressive neuromuscular disease that can be life-threatening. It affects one in 10,000 babies and is the leading genetic cause of infant mortality. It is caused by a mutation of the survival motor neuron 1 (SMN1) gene. This leads to a lack of SMN protein, which is found throughout the body. SMN protein is vital to the function of nerves that control muscles and movement. A lack of protein leads to muscle weakness over time. Depending on the type of SMA, a person’s physical strength and their ability to walk, eat or breathe can be greatly reduced or lost.
Evrysdi is being evaluated in four clinical trials in people with SMA:
- Firefish – an open-label, two-part pivotal clinical trial in infants with Type 1 SMA. The primary objective of Part 2 was to assess the proportion of infants able to sit without support after 12 months of treatment. The study met its primary endpoint
- Sunfish – is a two-part, double-blind, placebo-controlled pivotal study in people aged 2-25 years with Types 2 or 3 SMA. Part 2 evaluated motor function using the total score of motor function measure 32 (MFM-32) at 12 months. MFM-32 is a scale used to evaluate fine and gross motor function in people with neurological disorders. The study met its primary endpoint
- Jewelfish – an open-label trial to assess the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics (PD) in people with SMA aged 6 months to 60 years, who received other investigational or approved SMA therapies for at least 90 days before receiving Evrysdi.
- Rainbowfish – an open-label, single-arm, multicenter study, investigating the efficacy, safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of Evrysdi in babies from birth to six weeks of age, with genetically diagnosed SMA who are not yet showing symptoms
What doses of Evrysdi are available?
Evrysdi is available as an oral solution: 60 mg of risdiplam as a powder for the constitution to provide 0.75 mg/mL solution
You should receive Evrysdi as a liquid that can be given by mouth or through a feeding tube.
Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Evrysdi active ingredients
Evrysdi contains the active ingredient risdiplam.
Evrysdi side effects
The most common side effects of Evrysdi in clinical trials include:
- Later-onset SMA patients – fever, diarrhea, and rash
- Infantile-onset SMA – upper respiratory tract infection, pneumonia, constipation, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, rash
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Evrysdi against your risk of adverse effects.
Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Evrysdi to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Evrysdi drug interactions
Evrysdi can interact with other medications. These include:
- Substrates of multidrug and toxin extrusion (MATE) transporters – metformin, cimetidine, thiamine, acyclovir
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Evrysdi.
You should not use Evrysdi if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient risdiplam
Talk to your doctor before using Evrysdi if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Evrysdi
- Have liver problems
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Evrysdi may harm your unborn baby. Pregnancy testing is advised for females of reproductive potential prior to treatment. Use birth control while on treatment and for at least 1 month after
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed – it is not known if Evrysdi passes into breast milk
Evrysdi is the trademark brand name for risdiplam manufactured by Genentech, Inc. A generic version of risdiplam is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Evrysdi savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.