Your monthly Exkivity cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Exkivity patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Exkivity prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Exkivity patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Exkivity patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Exkivity patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Exkivity patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Exkivity. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Exkivity assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Exkivity patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Exkivity medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx an Exkivity coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Exkivity patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Exkivity manufacturer coupons, Exkivity discounts, or free Exkivity samples. We are not an Exkivity coupon provider or Exkivity discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Exkivity cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Exkivity patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Exkivity medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Exkivity cost without insurance?
Exkivity cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Exkivity oral capsule 40 mg usually costs $26,300 for 120 capsules. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Exkivity cost with insurance?
The copay for Exkivity with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Exkivity?
Exkivity is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Takeda Pharmaceutical. Exkivity oral therapy is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of adult patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with epidermal growth factor receptor, EGFR exon 20 insertion mutations, as detected by an FDA-approved test, whose disease has progressed on or after platinum-based chemotherapy.
This indication is approved under accelerated approval based on the overall response rate and duration of response. Continued approval for this indication may be based upon verification and description of clinical benefit in confirmatory trials.
What doses of Exkivity are available?
Exkivity is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 40 mg.
The recommended dose is 160 mg orally once daily, with or without food. See the full prescribing information and always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Exkivity active ingredients
Exkivity contains mobocertinib as the active ingredient.
Exkivity side effects
The most common side effects of Exkivity in clinical trials include:
- Rash, tiredness
- Nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite
- Paronychia, dry skin
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Decreased lymphocytes, decreased hemoglobin
- Increased amylase, increased lipase
- Decreased potassium, increased creatinine, and decreased magnesium
In rare instances, Exkivity can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Life-threatening heart rate-corrected QTc prolongation, including Torsades de Pointes, which can be fatal. Monitor QTc and electrolytes at baseline and periodically during treatment
- Interstitial lung disease (ILD)/pneumonitis – monitor patients for new or worsening pulmonary symptoms
- Cardiac toxicity
- Diarrhea may lead to dehydration or electrolyte imbalance, with or without renal impairment. Start an antidiarrheal agent at the first sign of diarrhea and increase fluid and electrolyte intake
- Embryo-fetal toxicity – females of reproductive potential are advised to use effective non-hormonal contraception
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Exkivity against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Exkivity to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Exkivity drug interactions
Exkivity can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong or moderate CYP3A inhibitors
- Strong or moderate CYP3A inducers
- QT prolongation treatments such as disopyramide, dronedarone, pimozide
- Azole antifungals – itraconazole, and ketoconazole
- Rifamycins such as rifampin
- Grapefruit or grapefruit juice
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Exkivity.
You should not use Exkivity if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient mobocertinib
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Exkivity
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – You should use an effective form of non-hormonal birth control during treatment and for 1 month after your last dose
Talk to your doctor before using Exkivity if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Exkivity
- Have heart problems, including a condition called long QTc syndrome
- Have problems with your electrolytes, such as sodium, potassium, calcium, or magnesium
- Have breathing problems other than lung cancer
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Exkivity is the trademark brand name for mobocertinib manufactured by Takeda Pharmaceuticals. A generic version of mobocertinib is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Exkivity savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.