How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are pre-qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free, and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address. Final acceptance is determined by the pharmaceutical company.
Your monthly Feldene cost savings if eligible
The Feldene patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Feldene, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Feldene patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Feldene assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Feldene patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Feldene patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Feldene.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Feldene assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Feldene patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Feldene.
Is NiceRx a Feldene coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Feldene patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Feldene samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Feldene coupons, discount cards, or Feldene copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Feldene cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Feldene medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Feldene cost without insurance?
Feldene prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Feldene oral capsules 10 mg typically cost $860 for 100 capsules.
How much does Feldene cost with insurance?
The copay for Feldene will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Feldene with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Feldene?
Feldene is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication distributed by Pfizer. Feldene is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) indicated for the treatment of pain or inflammation caused by osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
What doses of Feldene are available?
Feldene is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 10 mg, and 20 mg.
Please see the prescribing information and medication guide provided with your medicine and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Feldene active ingredients
Feldene contains piroxicam as the active ingredient.
Feldene side effects
The most common side effects of Feldene in clinical trials include:
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Problems urinating
- Gastrointestinal disturbances – upset stomach, heartburn, loss of appetite, stomach pain, flatulence, diarrhea, constipation, nausea, vomiting
- Dizziness, drowsiness, headache
- Itching, skin rash
In rare instances, Feldene can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Cardiovascular thrombotic events
- Gastrointestinal bleeding, ulceration, and perforation
- Hepatotoxicity – loss of appetite, upper right side stomach pain, fatigue, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Hypertension – severe headache, blurred vision, pounding in your neck or ears
- Heart Failure and edema – swelling, rapid weight gain, feeling short of breath
- Renal toxicity and hyperkalemia – little or no urination, swelling in your feet or ankles, tiredness or shortness of breath
- Anaphylactic reactions
- Serious skin reactions – skin rash or blisters with fever
- Hematologic toxicity – low red blood cells (anemia), pale skin, unusual tiredness, feeling light-headed or short of breath
- Increased risk of fatal heart attack or stroke
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Feldene against your risk of adverse events. Patients are encouraged to report negative adverse effects or adverse reactions of Feldene to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Feldene drug interactions
Feldene can interact with other medications. These include:
- Blood thinners or anticoagulants – warfarin
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, (ACE inhibitors) – captopril, lisinopril
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers – losartan, valsartan
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Feldene. Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription or over-the-counter medicines, vitamins or herbal supplements.
You should not use Feldene if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient piroxicam or to aspirin or other NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, naproxen, or celecoxib
- Have had an asthma attack or severe allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Feldene
- Are about to or have just had heart bypass surgery (coronary artery bypass graft, or CABG)
- Are younger than 18 years old
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – Taking an NSAID in the last 20 weeks of pregnancy can cause serious heart or kidney problems in the unborn baby and potential problems with your pregnancy
Talk to your doctor before using Feldene if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Feldene
- Have heart disease, high blood pressure, or if you smoke
- Have had a heart attack, stroke, or blood clot
- Have a stomach ulcer or stomach bleeding
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Have asthma
- Take aspirin to prevent heart attack or stroke
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – This medication passes into breast milk
Feldene is the trademark brand name for piroxicam distributed by Pfizer. A generic version of piroxicam is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Feldene savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.