Your monthly Fintepla cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Fintepla prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Fintepla patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Fintepla patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Fintepla enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Fintepla patient assistance program?
Applying for the Fintepla patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Fintepla, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Fintepla assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Fintepla patient assistance program, we will also request your Fintepla medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Fintepla coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Fintepla coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Fintepla manufacturer coupons, Fintepla discounts, rebates, Fintepla savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Fintepla medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Fintepla if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Fintepla patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Fintepla
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Fintepla prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Fintepla cost without insurance?
Fintepla prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Fintepla oral solution (2.2 mg/mL) will typically cost around $1,470 for 30 milliliters.
How much does Fintepla cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Fintepla with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Fintepla?
Fintepla is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Zogenix, Inc. Fintepla is indicated for the treatment of seizures in patients from the age of 2 years who have Dravet syndrome, a type of epilepsy that begins in childhood and can continue into adulthood.
There is a link between serotonergic drugs with 5-HT2B receptor agonist activity, including fenfluramine, valvular heart disease, and pulmonary arterial hypertension. Echocardiogram assessments are required before, during, and after treatment with Fintepla. Fintepla is only available through a restricted program called the Fintepla REMS.
What doses of Fintepla are available?
Fintepla is available in oral solution form, in the following doses: 2.2 mg/mL.
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning, and always speak with your healthcare professionals about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Fintepla active ingredients
Fintepla contains fenfluramine as the active ingredient.
Fintepla side effects
The most common side effects of Fintepla in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Tiredness, malaise
- Diarrhea, constipation, vomiting
- Abnormal echocardiogram
- Balance disorder, gait disturbance, fall
- Drooling, salivary hypersecretion
- Upper respiratory tract infection
In rare instances, Fintepla can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Decreased appetite and decreased weight
- Somnolence, sedation, and lethargy
- Suicidal behavior and ideation – monitor for suicidal thoughts and behavior
- Withdrawal of antiepileptic drugs should be gradual to minimize the risk of increased seizure frequency and status epilepticus
- Serotonin syndrome – potentially life-threatening may occur with administration with other serotonergic drugs
- Increase in blood pressure
Your caregiver will assess the benefits of using Fintepla against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Fintepla to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Fintepla drug interactions
Fintepla can interact with other medications. These include:
- Stiripentol plus clobazam
- Strong CYP1A2 and CYP2B6 inducers
- Other drugs that increase serotonin – MDMA/”ecstasy,” St. John’s wort, certain antidepressants (including SSRIs such as fluoxetine or paroxetine, SNRIs such as duloxetine or venlafaxine)
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Fintepla. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Fintepla if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient fenfluramine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Fintepla
- Have taken antidepressants such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) within the last 14 days
- Have moderate or severe renal impairment
- Have hepatic impairment
Talk to your doctor before using Fintepla if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Fintepla
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Fintepla is the trademark brand name for fenfluramine manufactured by Zogenix, Inc. A generic version of fenfluramine is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Fintepla savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.