Gleostine Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Gleostine medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Gleostine cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Gleostine prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Gleostine patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Gleostine patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Gleostine enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Gleostine patient assistance program?
Applying for the Gleostine patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Gleostine, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Gleostine assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Gleostine patient assistance program, we will also request your Gleostine medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Gleostine coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Gleostine coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Gleostine manufacturer coupons, Gleostine discounts, rebates, Gleostine savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Gleostine medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Gleostine cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Gleostine patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Gleostine
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Gleostine prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Gleostine cost without insurance?
Gleostine prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Gleostine oral capsule 10 mg will typically cost around $500 for 5 capsules.
How much does Gleostine cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Gleostine with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Gleostine?
Gleostine is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Corden Pharma Latina for NextSource Biotechnology, LLC.
Gleostine is an alkylating agent indicated for the treatment of patients with:
- Brain tumors, primary and metastatic, following appropriate surgical and/or radiotherapeutic procedures
- Hodgkin’s lymphoma in combination with other chemotherapies, following disease progression with initial chemotherapy
What doses of Gleostine are available?
Gleostine is available in capsule form, in the following doses: 5mg, 10 mg, 40 mg, and 100 mg.
Gleostine is usually taken as a single dose every 6 weeks. Take with fluids on an empty stomach. Do not have food or drink for 2 hours after to decrease the incidence of nausea and vomiting.
Your dose will depend on many factors, including your height and weight, your general health or other health problems, and the type of cancer or condition being treated.
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Gleostine active ingredients
Gleostine contains lomustine as the active ingredient.
Gleostine side effects
The most common side effects of Gleostine in clinical trials include:
- Nausea, vomiting, stomatitis, and hair loss
- Low blood counts – your white and red blood cells and platelets may temporarily decrease. This can put you at increased risk for infection, anemia, and/or bleeding
- Loss of appetite
- Black or tarry stools, or blood in your stools or urine
- Extreme fatigue
- Mouth sores
- Yellowing of eyes or skin, change in color of stools or urine
In rare instances, Gleostine can cause more serious adverse effects. These can include:
- Myelosuppression includes fatal myelosuppression. Myelosuppression is delayed, dose-related, and cumulative
- Thrombocytopenia is generally more severe than leukopenia. Monitor blood counts and do not give Gleostine more frequently than every 6 weeks
- Risk of overdosage
- Pulmonary toxicity – perform pulmonary function tests prior to treatment and repeat them frequently
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Secondary malignancies – acute leukemia and myelodysplasia can occur with long-term use
- Embryo-fetal toxicity – males and females of reproductive potential are advised to use effective contraception
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Gleostine against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Gleostine to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Gleostine drug interactions
Gleostine can interact with other medications. These include:
- Antipsychotics – clozapine
- DMARDs – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Immunosuppressants – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- Vaccines – BCG, measles, mumps, rubella, smallpox, yellow fever
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Gleostine. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Gleostine if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient lomustine
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Gleostine
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant – use an effective form of birth control
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor before using Gleostine if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Gleostine
- Have bone marrow suppression
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Have lung disease or breathing problems
Gleostine is the trademark brand name for lomustine manufactured by Corden Pharma Latina for NextSource Biotechnology, LLC. A generic version of lomustine is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Gleostine savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.