Your monthly Hemady cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Hemady patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Hemady prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Hemady patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Hemady patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which is set by the pharmaceutical companies, however the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Hemady patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Hemady patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Hemady. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Hemady assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Hemady patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Hemady medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx a Hemady coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Hemady patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Hemady manufacturer coupons, Hemady discounts, or free Hemady samples. We are not a Hemady coupon provider or Hemady discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Hemady cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Hemady patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Hemady medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Hemady cost without insurance?
Hemady cost without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Hemady oral tablets 20 mg usually cost $670 for 24 tablets. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Hemady cost with insurance?
The copay for Hemady with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Hemady?
Hemady is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Acrotech Biopharma, LLC. Hemady contains dexamethasone, a corticosteroid (steroid) indicated for use in combination with other anti-myeloma products for the treatment of adults with multiple myeloma.
What doses of Hemady are available?
Hemady is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 20 mg tablets.
The recommended dose of Hemady is 20 mg or 40 mg orally once daily, on specific days depending on your protocol regimen. Read the full prescribing information for additional information and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Hemady active ingredients
Hemady contains dexamethasone as the active ingredient.
Hemady side effects
The most common side effects of Hemady in clinical trials include:
- Abnormal fat deposits
- Allergic reactions
- Acne, dry skin, bruising, slow wound healing
- Hair loss
- Menstrual changes
- Fluid retention, weight gain, bloating
- Increased appetite
- Nausea, dizziness
- Muscle weakness
- Nerve pain, numbness, and tingling
- Mood changes, trouble sleeping
- Increased sweating
- Abdominal pain
In rare instances, Hemady can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Changes in endocrine function
- Immunosuppression and increased risk of infections
- Changes in cardiovascular/renal function – monitor for elevated blood pressure and sodium, and for decreased potassium levels
- Venous and arterial thromboembolism
- Ophthalmic effects – cataracts, infections, and glaucoma
- Gastrointestinal perforation – avoid use in active or latent peptic ulcers, diverticulitis, fresh intestinal anastomoses, and nonspecific ulcerative colitis
- Osteoporosis, bone pain
- Kaposi’s Sarcoma
- Embryo-fetal toxicity
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Hemady against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Hemady to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Hemady drug interactions
Hemady can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong CYP3A4 inhibitors or inducers
- Antibiotics or antifungals
- Birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy such as estrogen
- Insulin or diabetes medications taken orally
- Treatments for dementia or Parkinson’s disease
- Blood thinners – warfarin
- NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) – aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen
- Vaccinations – avoid live or live-attenuated vaccines
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Hemady. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Hemady if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient dexamethasone
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Hemady
- Have a systemic fungal infection
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor before using Hemady if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Hemady
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – do not breastfeed while taking Hemady and for two weeks after the last dose
Hemady is the trademark brand name for dexamethasone manufactured by Acrotech Biopharma, LLC. A generic version of dexamethasone is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Hemady savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.