Is NiceRx a Hepagam B coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Hepagam B coupon, Hepagam B discount card, or Hepagam B copay card provider. We do not offer Hepagam B manufacturer coupons, Hepagam B discounts, rebates, Hepagam B savings cards, trial offers, or free Hepagam B samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Hepagam B patient assistance program
Patient assistance programs are typically sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and provide free or discounted medications to individuals with low income who are uninsured or under-insured and meet the eligibility criteria that vary by program. There are currently no known patient assistance programs for this medication.
How much does Hepagam B cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Hepagam B costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Hepagam B injectable solution will cost around $200 for 1 milliliter.
How much does Hepagam B cost with insurance?
The copay for Hepagam B will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Hepagam B?
Hepagam B is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Cangene Corp. HepaGam B is made from human plasma and is an immune globulin used to prevent sickness from a hepatitis B infection after coming into contact with the hepatitis B virus.
Hepagam B is for intravenous or intramuscular injection only, for the:
- Prevention of Hepatitis B recurrence following liver transplant in HBsAg-positive liver transplant patients
- Postexposure prophylaxis for acute exposure to blood products containing HBsAg, perinatal exposure of infants born to HBsAg-positive mothers, sexual exposure or sexual contact with HBsAg-positive persons, and household exposure to persons with acute HBV infection
HepaGam B is not a vaccine and will not provide long-term protection from hepatitis B virus. For long-term protection, you must receive a hepatitis B vaccine such as Engerix-B, Recombivax HB, or Twinrix.
What doses of Hepagam B are available?
Hepagam B is available in solution form, in the following doses: > 312 IU per milliliter.
Please read the product information and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Hepagam B active ingredients
The active ingredient of Hepagam B is Hepatitis B Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human).
Hepagam B side effects
The most common side effects of Hepagam B in clinical trials include:
- Hypotension and nausea
In rare instances, Hepagam B can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Interference with blood glucose testing
- Infusion reactions
- Transmission of infectious agents
- Coagulation disorders
- Thrombotic events
- Sudden numbness or weakness (especially down one side of the body), chest pain, difficulty breathing, faster heart rate, coughing up blood, pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in your arms or legs
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Hepagam B against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Hepagam B to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Hepagam B drug interactions
Hepagam B can interact with other medications. These include:
- The effectiveness of live attenuated virus vaccines may be impaired – measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), rotavirus, typhoid, yellow fever, varicella (chickenpox), zoster (shingles), and nasal flu (influenza) vaccine
- Antibodies in HepaGam B may interfere with some serological tests
- Maltose in HepaGam B may interfere with non-glucose-specific blood glucose testing systems
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Hepagam B. Tell your health care provider about all of your medication including any supplements you are taking.
Hepagam B contraindications
You should not use Hepagam B if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient Hepatitis B Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human)
- Are allergic reactions to any of the other ingredients in Hepagam B
- Have a history of anaphylactic or severe systemic reactions to human globulins
- Are (immunoglobulin A) IgA deficient
- Have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder
- Have heart disease, or risk factors for coronary artery disease (such as menopause, smoking, being overweight, having high blood pressure or high cholesterol, having a family history of coronary artery disease, or being an older adult
- Need to use a blood thinner
- Take birth control pills or hormone replacement
- Use certain types of catheters
- Are bedridden or otherwise debilitated
Talk to your doctor before using Hepagam B if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Hepagam B
- Have diabetes
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Hepagam B generic
Hepagam B is the trademark brand name for Hepatitis B Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human) manufactured by Cangene Corp. A generic version of Hepatitis B Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human) is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Hepagam B savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.