Hepagam B Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Hepagam B medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Hepagam B cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Hepagam B patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Hepagam B patient assistance?
We review each Hepagam B enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Hepagam B patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Hepagam B patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Hepagam B, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Hepagam B coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Hepagam B coupon, Hepagam B discount card, or Hepagam B copay card provider. We do not offer Hepagam B manufacturer coupons, Hepagam B discounts, rebates, Hepagam B savings cards, trial offers, or free Hepagam B samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me get Hepagam B cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Hepagam B
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Hepagam B prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Hepagam B cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Hepagam B costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Hepagam B injectable solution will cost around $200 for 1 milliliter.
How much does Hepagam B cost with insurance?
The copay for Hepagam B will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Hepagam B?
Hepagam B is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Cangene Corp. HepaGam B is made from human plasma and is an immune globulin used to prevent sickness from a hepatitis B infection after coming into contact with the hepatitis B virus.
Hepagam B is for intravenous or intramuscular injection only, for the:
- Prevention of Hepatitis B recurrence following liver transplant in HBsAg-positive liver transplant patients
- Postexposure prophylaxis for acute exposure to blood products containing HBsAg, perinatal exposure of infants born to HBsAg-positive mothers, sexual exposure or sexual contact with HBsAg-positive persons, and household exposure to persons with acute HBV infection
HepaGam B is not a vaccine and will not provide long-term protection from hepatitis B virus. For long-term protection, you must receive a hepatitis B vaccine such as Engerix-B, Recombivax HB, or Twinrix.
What doses of Hepagam B are available?
Hepagam B is available in solution form, in the following doses: > 312 IU per milliliter.
Please read the product information and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Hepagam B active ingredients
The active ingredient of Hepagam B is Hepatitis B Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human).
Hepagam B side effects
The most common side effects of Hepagam B in clinical trials include:
- Hypotension and nausea
In rare instances, Hepagam B can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Interference with blood glucose testing
- Infusion reactions
- Transmission of infectious agents
- Coagulation disorders
- Thrombotic events
- Sudden numbness or weakness (especially down one side of the body), chest pain, difficulty breathing, faster heart rate, coughing up blood, pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in your arms or legs
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Hepagam B against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Hepagam B to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Hepagam B drug interactions
Hepagam B can interact with other medications. These include:
- The effectiveness of live attenuated virus vaccines may be impaired – measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), rotavirus, typhoid, yellow fever, varicella (chickenpox), zoster (shingles), and nasal flu (influenza) vaccine
- Antibodies in HepaGam B may interfere with some serological tests
- Maltose in HepaGam B may interfere with non-glucose-specific blood glucose testing systems
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Hepagam B. Tell your health care provider about all of your medication including any supplements you are taking.
Hepagam B contraindications
You should not use Hepagam B if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient Hepatitis B Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human)
- Are allergic reactions to any of the other ingredients in Hepagam B
- Have a history of anaphylactic or severe systemic reactions to human globulins
- Are (immunoglobulin A) IgA deficient
- Have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder
- Have heart disease, or risk factors for coronary artery disease (such as menopause, smoking, being overweight, having high blood pressure or high cholesterol, having a family history of coronary artery disease, or being an older adult
- Need to use a blood thinner
- Take birth control pills or hormone replacement
- Use certain types of catheters
- Are bedridden or otherwise debilitated
Talk to your doctor before using Hepagam B if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Hepagam B
- Have diabetes
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Hepagam B generic
Hepagam B is the trademark brand name for Hepatitis B Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human) manufactured by Cangene Corp. A generic version of Hepatitis B Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human) is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Hepagam B savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.