Hepsera Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Hepsera medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Hepsera cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Hepsera prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly service fee of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Hepsera patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Hepsera patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Hepsera enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Hepsera patient assistance program?
Applying for the Hepsera patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We will ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Hepsera, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Hepsera assistance, we will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We will work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Hepsera patient assistance program, we will also request your Hepsera medication refills on your behalf for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx a Hepsera coupon provider?
NiceRx does not provide Hepsera coupons, discount cards or copay cards. We do not offer printable Hepsera manufacturer coupons, Hepsera discounts, rebates, Hepsera savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you will likely save more on your Hepsera medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Hepsera cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Hepsera patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Hepsera
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Hepsera prescription
- You do not have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much does Hepsera cost without insurance?
Hepsera prices without insurance will vary by retailer. As a guide, Hepsera oral tablets 10 mg will typically cost around $1,700 for 30 tablets.
How much does Hepsera cost with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the copay of Hepsera with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Hepsera?
Hepsera is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Gilead Sciences, Inc. It is an antiviral nucleotide analogue indicated for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus infections in patients 12 years of age and older.
This indication is based on histological, virological, biochemical, and serological responses in adult patients with HBeAg+ and HBeAg-chronic hepatitis B with compensated liver function, and with clinical evidence of lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B virus with either compensated or decompensated liver function.
What doses of Hepsera are available?
Hepsera is available in tablet form, in the following doses: 10 mg.
Always speak with your healthcare provider for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Hepsera active ingredients
Hepsera contains adefovir dipivoxil as the active ingredient. It is classed as a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI).
Hepsera side effects
The most common side effects of adefovir in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- In pre-and post-transplantation lamivudine-resistant liver disease patients – increased creatinine
In rare instances, Hepsera can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Liver problems – severe acute exacerbations of hepatitis. Monitor hepatic function closely. Symptoms include nausea, loss of appetite, abdominal pain (upper right side), dark urine, and yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
- Nephrotoxicity (kidney problems) – monitor renal function during therapy for all patients, particularly those with pre-existing or other risks for renal impairment. Symptoms include little or no urination, swelling in your feet or ankles, shortness of breath
- HIV resistance
- Lactic acidosis and severe hepatomegaly with steatosis
- Worsening of your condition, decreased response to treatment, or infection by resistant strains of the virus – for patients with lamivudine-resistant HBV use adefovir dipivoxil in combination with lamivudine. Consider modifying treatment in case serum HBV DNA remains above 1000 copies/mL with continued treatment
- Unusual muscle pain, trouble breathing
- Stomach pain, vomiting
- Irregular heartbeat
- Dizziness, cold feeling, tiredness
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Hepsera against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Hepsera to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Hepsera drug interactions
Hepsera can interact with other medications. These include:
- Drugs that reduce renal function or compete for active tubular secretion may increase serum concentrations of adefovir or the co-administered drug
- Viread ((tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) or other tenofovir-containing products
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Hepsera. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Hepsera if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient adefovir dipivoxil
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Hepsera
- Are less than 12 years of age
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Talk to your doctor about your medical conditions before using Hepsera if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Hepsera
- Have kidney disease, are on dialysis, or have any other kidney problems
- Have HIV infection
- Have had a liver transplant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Hepsera is the trademark brand name for adefovir dipivoxil manufactured by Gilead Sciences, Inc. A generic version of adefovir dipivoxil is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Hepsera savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.