Horizant Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Horizant medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Horizant cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Horizant patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Horizant patient assistance?
We review each Horizant enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Horizant patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Horizant patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Horizant. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Horizant coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Horizant coupon, Horizant discount card, or Horizant copay card provider. We do not offer Horizant manufacturer coupons, Horizant discounts, rebates, Horizant savings cards, trial offers, or free Horizant samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Horizant patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Horizant if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Horizant if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Horizant
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Horizant prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Horizant medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Horizant with insurance?
The cost of Horizant with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Horizant cost without insurance?
Horizant prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Horizant oral tablets 600 mg extended-release will cost around $470 for 30 tablets.
What is Horizant?
Horizant contains the prescription medicine gabapentin enacarbil. It is used for the treatment of adults with restless legs syndrome (RLS) and nerve pain (postherpetic neuralgia, PHN) caused by shingles. Shingles is a painful rash that sometimes occurs after a herpes zoster infection.
Horizant is not the same as other medicines such as Neurontin that also contain gabapentin. You should check you have the correct brand each time you receive your medication. You should only use the brand and form of gabapentin your doctor has prescribed for you. If your doctor changes your brand, strength, or form of gabapentin, the dose you take may also need to change. Extended-release Horizant tablets should be swallowed whole and not crushed, chewed, cut, or broken.
You should take Horizant as prescribed by your doctor and not take larger or smaller amounts or for longer than prescribed. Treatment with Horizant should not be stopped suddenly, the dose should be reduced gradually as advised by your doctor even if you feel fine.
Horizant is not recommended if you need to sleep during the day and stay awake at night.
Horizant active ingredients
Gabapentin enacarbil is converted from this inactive form to the active form of gabapentin in the body. How exactly gabapentin works for RLS and PHN is not fully understood. In animal studies, there is evidence that gabapentin is involved in preventing pain-related behavior that would not normally cause a pain-related response, as well as preventing other pain-related responses.
Gabapentin is chemically similar to gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter, but has no effect on GABA or its processes in the body. Neurotransmitters help the transfer of nerve impulses from one nerve to another.
Horizant side effects
The most common side effects caused by Horizant include:
- Drowsiness or feeling tired
- Problems with balance
- Nausea and vomiting in children
Horizant can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Weak or shallow breathing
- Blue color to skin, lips, fingers, and toes
- Increased seizures
- Changes in mood or behavior
- Impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, anxious, depressed, or having suicidal thoughts
- Hyperactive, problems sleeping
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Horizant against your risk of side effects.
Horizant drug interactions
Horizant can interact with other medications. These include:
- Opioid analgesics such as alfentanil, fentanyl, buprenorphine, butorphanol, hydrocodone, oxycodone, tapentadol, tramadol
- Anesthetics such as ketamine
- Medication used to treat opioid dependency – methadone
- Treatment for sleep disorders – sodium oxybate, oxazepam, temazepam
- Treatments for seizures such as carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Medication taken for depression – citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline
- Anti-malarials such as mefloquine and chloroquine
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Horizant.
Horizant warning and precautions
You should not use Horizant if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient gabapentin enacarbil
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Horizant
Talk to your doctor before using Horizant if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Horizant
- Have any lung disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Have kidney disease or if you receive dialysis
- Have diabetes
- Have liver disease
- Have any heart problems
- Have depression, mood disorders, or have suicidal thoughts
- Suffer from seizures
- If you have RLS, whether you sleep during the day and are awake at night
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.