Your monthly Horizant cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Horizant patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Horizant patient assistance?
We review each Horizant enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Horizant patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Horizant patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Horizant. You must also provide details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Horizant coupon provider?
NiceRx is not a Horizant coupon, Horizant discount card, or Horizant copay card provider. We do not offer Horizant manufacturer coupons, Horizant discounts, rebates, Horizant savings cards, trial offers, or free Horizant samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Horizant patient assistance program.
Can NiceRx help me get Horizant if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you get Horizant if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Horizant
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Horizant prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover Horizant medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much is Horizant with insurance?
The cost of Horizant with insurance will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
How much does Horizant cost without insurance?
Horizant prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Horizant oral tablets 600 mg extended-release will cost around $470 for 30 tablets.
What is Horizant?
Horizant is an FDA-approved medication manufactured by Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC. It contains the anticonvulsant medicine gabapentin enacarbil extended-release tablets and is used for the treatment of moderate to severe primary restless legs syndrome (RLS) in adults, as well as nerve pain (postherpetic neuralgia, PHN) caused by shingles. Shingles are a painful skin rash that sometimes occurs after a herpes zoster infection.
Horizant is not the same as other gabapentin products such as Neurontin or Gralise that also contain gabapentin. You should check you have the correct brand each time you receive your medication. You should only use the brand and form of gabapentin your doctor has prescribed for you. If your doctor changes your brand, strength, or form of gabapentin, the dose you take may also need to change.
You should take Horizant as prescribed by your doctor and not take larger or smaller amounts or for longer than prescribed. Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew sustained-release tablets. Doing so can release all of the drug at once, increasing the risk of side effects. Treatment with Horizant should not be stopped suddenly, the dose should be reduced gradually as advised by your healthcare professional even if you feel fine.
What doses of Horizant are available?
Horizant is available in extended-release tablet form, in the following dose: 600 mg tablet, imprinted with “GS LFG”
The dose you take will be based on your medical condition and your response to treatment. Always speak with your healthcare provider about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Horizant active ingredients
Gabapentin enacarbil is a prodrug and is converted from this inactive form to the active form of gabapentin in the body. The exact mechanism of action of gabapentin for RLS and PHN is not fully understood. In clinical studies, there is evidence that gabapentin is involved in preventing pain-related behavior that would not normally cause a pain-related response, as well as preventing other pain-related responses.
Horizant side effects
The most common side effects of Horizant and adverse reactions include:
- Somnolence (drowsiness) or feeling tired – may cause a significant driving impairment
- Problems with balance
- Nausea and vomiting in children
Horizant can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Weak or shallow breathing
- Blue color to skin, lips, fingers, and toes
- Increased seizures
- New or worsening changes in mood or behavior such as feeling impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, anxious, depressed, or having suicidal thoughts
- Hyperactive, problems sleeping
- Hypersensitivity with or without a skin rash
Do not drink alcohol while taking Horizant because it may increase the risk of side effects. Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives, breathing problems, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or at www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Horizant drug interactions
Horizant can interact with other prescription drugs. These include:
- Opioid analgesics such as alfentanil, fentanyl, buprenorphine, butorphanol, hydrocodone, oxycodone, tapentadol, tramadol
- Anesthetics such as ketamine
- Medication used to treat opioid dependency – methadone
- Treatment for sleep disorders – sodium oxybate, oxazepam, temazepam
- Treatments for seizures such as carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin
- Medication taken for depression – citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline
- Anti-malarials such as mefloquine and chloroquine
- Antihistamines for allergy, cough, and cold – diphenhydramine
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Horizant. Horizant may also interact with supplements. Always let your doctor and pharmacist know about any other medications or supplements you are taking.
You should not use Horizant if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient gabapentin enacarbil
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Horizant
Talk to your doctor before using Horizant if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Horizant
- Have any lung disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Have kidney disease or if you are on hemodialysis
- Have diabetes
- Have liver disease
- Have any heart problems
- Have depression, mood disorders, or have suicidal thoughts
- Suffer from seizures
- Have RLS, whether you sleep during the day and are awake at night
- Have or have had problems with drug abuse
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Horizant is the trademark brand name for gabapentin enacarbil manufactured by Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC. A generic version of gabapentin enacarbil is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Horizant savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.