Ilaris Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Ilaris medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
The Ilaris patient assistance program is available to eligible individuals who are unable to afford their Ilaris medication. At NiceRx, we can help you to enroll in the program for $49 per month.* We work directly with your healthcare provider to submit your enrollment application on your behalf. By handling the full enrollment process for you, we can help you get easy and affordable access to the medications you need. If you are successfully enrolled in the program, we will also request prescription refills on your behalf for up to 1 year.
Your monthly Ilaris cost savings if eligible
The Ilaris patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 a month per medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Ilaris, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Ilaris patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Ilaris assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Ilaris patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Ilaris patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Ilaris.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Ilaris assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Ilaris patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Ilaris.
Is NiceRx an Ilaris coupons provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Ilaris patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Ilaris samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Ilaris coupons, discount cards, or Ilaris copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Ilaris if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Ilaris medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much is Ilaris with insurance?
The cost of Ilaris will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Ilaris with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
How much does Ilaris cost without insurance?
Ilaris prices without insurance will vary depending on how much you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Ilaris subcutaneous solution (150 mg/mL) typically costs $17,500 for 1 milliliter.
What is Ilaris?
Ilaris contains the prescription medicine canakinumab, which is classed as a human monoclonal antibody. Canakinumab is used to treat certain types of periodic fever syndromes. Periodic fever syndromes are conditions caused by mutations in certain genes that are normally involved in the production of certain enzymes and proteins in the body. People suffering with periodic fever syndrome will have symptoms of fever and inflammation, but without other causes such as an infection or virus.
Ilaris is used for the treatment of the following Periodic fever syndromes in:
- Adults and children 4 years of age and older, who have auto-inflammatory diseases called Cryopyrin-Associated Periodic Syndromes (CAPS), including:
- Familial Cold Auto-inflammatory Syndrome (FCAS)
- Muckle-Wells Syndrome (MWS)
- Adults and children who have an auto-inflammatory disease called Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor Associated Periodic Syndrome (TRAPS)
- Adults and children who have an auto-inflammatory disease called Hyperimmunoglobulin D Syndrome (HIDS)
- Adults and children who have an auto-inflammatory disease called Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF)
Ilaris is also used to treat Still’s disease including Adult-Onset Still’s Disease and Systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis in children who are at least 2 years of age.
Ilaris active ingredients
CAPS is a rare genetic disorder caused by mutations in specific genes in the body. CAPS disorders are inherited with male and female offspring being equally affected. Symptoms of the disorder include fever, rash, stiff joints, muscle aches and pains, tiredness, and eye infections. Mutations of these genes results in excessive release of activated interleukin-1β (IL-1β) that drives inflammation. Canakinumab works by attaching itself to human IL1β, stopping it from binding with its target receptor, and preventing excessive inflammation in the body.
Ilaris will be injected under the skin by your healthcare provider. Ilaris is normally given once every 4 to 8 weeks, depending on what you are being treated for. Doses are calculated on weight, especially in children and teenagers. Inform your doctor if you have a change in weight as this will affect your dose. Your doctor may check to make sure you do not have tuberculosis or any other infections before you start your treatment. Your blood will be checked regularly while taking Ilaris, as this medicine can weaken your immune system.
Ilaris side effects
The most common side effects caused by Ilaris include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhea, stomach pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Pain when urinating
- Headaches, dizziness
- Weight gain
- Reaction where injection was given
In rare instances, Ilaris can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Chest pain, shortness of breath, cough, or coughing up blood or mucus
- Fever lasting longer than 3 days
- Sores, warmth, or pain anywhere on your body
- Warmth, redness, or swelling under your skin
- Feeling very tired
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Ilaris against your risk of side effects.
Ilaris drug interactions
Ilaris can interact with other medications. These include:
- Treatments for auto-immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis – adalimumab, certolizumab, etanercept
- Vaccines – BCG, influenza, measles, mumps, polio, rotavirus, rubella, smallpox, typhoid, varicella, yellow fever, zoster
- Treatments for multiple sclerosis – fingolimod, ozanimod, siponimod
- DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) for rheumatoid arthritis – leflunomide, teriflunomide
- Calcium channel blockers for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension) – amlodipine, felodipine, nifedipine
- Treatments for high blood cholesterol – atorvastatin, simvastatin
- Opioid pain killers – fentanyl, hydrocodone, oxycodone
This list is not exhaustive and other drugs may interact with Ilaris.
Ilaris warning and precautions
You should not use Ilaris if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient canakinumab
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Ilaris
Talk to your doctor before using Ilaris if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Ilaris
- Have ever had tuberculosis or if anyone in your household has tuberculosis
- Have recently traveled to an area where tuberculosis is common
- Have an active or chronic infection, or a history of recurring infections
- Have a low white blood cell count
- Have a weak immune system
- Have HIV, hepatitis B, or hepatitis C
- Have recently received or are scheduled to receive any vaccine
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.