Ilevro Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Ilevro medication.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
Your monthly Ilevro cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible to receive your Ilevro prescription through the patient assistance program, your medication will be free. We charge a flat monthly price of $49 per medication to cover the cost of our services.
Am I eligible for Ilevro patient assistance?
To be eligible for the Ilevro patient assistance program, you will need to meet specific eligibility criteria set by the pharmaceutical company. At NiceRx, we review each Ilevro enrollment application individually. The main factors considered are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Ilevro patient assistance program?
Applying for the Ilevro patient assistance program through NiceRx is simple. Begin by completing the enrollment application on our website. We’ll ask for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers that supply your medication. We may be able to help you access patient assistance for other medications as well as Ilevro, so please tell us about any medications that you have been prescribed.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Ilevro assistance, we’ll handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. We’ll work with your healthcare provider to prepare and submit all the documents required for you to enroll. If you are successfully enrolled in the Ilevro patient assistance program, we’ll also automatically request your Ilevro medication refills for up to 1 year. At the end of your enrollment period, we’ll contact you for updated details and seek to re-enroll you in the program.
Is NiceRx an Ilevro coupons provider?
NiceRx does not provide Ilevro coupons, discount cards, or copay cards. We don’t offer printable Ilevro manufacturer coupons, Ilevro discounts, rebates, Ilevro savings cards, trial offers, or free samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access patient assistance programs. Our service cost is $49 a month per medication, so you’ll likely save more on your Ilevro medication with NiceRx.
Can NiceRx help me get Ilevro if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you access Ilevro patient assistance if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Ilevro
- Your insurance company won’t pay for your Ilevro prescription
- You don’t have insurance
Complete your enrollment application online to find out more.
How much is Ilevro with insurance?
Your individual healthcare plan will determine the cost of Ilevro with insurance. To find out what you will need to pay, contact your pharmacist or insurance provider. They will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
How much does Ilevro cost without insurance?
Ilevro prices without insurance will vary depending on the size of the bottle you buy (1.7 ml or 3 ml) and prices can vary by retailer. As a guide, a 1.7 ml bottle of 0.3% Ilevro suspension will cost around $325.
What is Ilevro?
Ilevro is a prescription medication given to adults to reduce eye pain and inflammation after cataract surgery. If you’re about to have a cataract operation, your doctor may have prescribed Ilevro to you. It’s a prescription nonsteroidal, anti-inflammatory eye-drop medication that can reduce inflammation and pain in your eyes.
You take Ilevro by dropping it into your eye using the dropper bottle it comes in. You typically take it once a day, beginning on the day before your operation, and then continuing for 14 days afterward. Although always make sure you take your Ilevro exactly as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
Ilevro active ingredients
The active ingredient in Ilevro is called nepafenac. It’s a nonsteroidal, anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that reduces pain and inflammation. When you drop Ilevro into an eye, it’s absorbed through your cornea (the front of your eye). Nepafenac then binds to enzymes in your eye cells called COX enzymes. These enzymes are involved in producing prostaglandins – substances that trigger inflammation and stimulate your nerves to send pain signals. But when nepafenac binds to COX enzymes, it stops them from working, limiting how much prostaglandin is produced, lowering inflammation and the pain you feel.
Ilevro side effects & Ilevro drug interactions
As with all medications, Ilevro can cause side effects. When this happens, the most common side effects are:
- Blurred vision
- The surface of your eye feeling sticky
- A feeling that something is in your eye (foreign body sensation)
- Increased pressure inside your eye (increased intraocular pressure)
- An increased risk of scar tissue forming behind your lens implant that can cause blurred vision – this can be corrected with minor laser surgery
In rare instances, Ilevro can cause more serious side effects, like:
- Severe allergic reactions to the medication
- A slower rate of healing of your eyes after your surgery
- Increased bleeding from your eyes after your surgery
- A condition called keratitis where your cornea (the clear dome on the front surface of your eye) becomes inflamed. In severe cases, this can damage the cornea and could lead to vision loss
Ilevro can interact with other medications. When this happens, it can change how Ilevro and the other medications work and can make some side effects more likely. Medications that may interact with Ilevro include:
- Any other medications you put in your eyes
- Any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSADs)
- Any medications that increase your risk of bleeding, such as anticoagulants (blood thinners)
If you’re unsure if you’re taking any of these, take the packaging of all your medications and supplements to your doctor or pharmacist.
Ilevro warnings & precautions
Don’t put Ilevro into your eyes whilst wearing contact lenses. Take your contact lenses out and then wait ten minutes after you’ve used Ilevro before you put them back in.
Ilevro isn’t suitable for everyone. Don’t take Ilevro if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient nepafenac, or any of the other ingredients in Ilevro
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to another non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAD)
- Are under 18 years of age
Talk to your doctor before taking Ilevro if you:
- Have had more than one cataract surgery in a short period of time
- Have ever had any problems with your cornea, including keratitis
- Have ever had any other eye problems
- Have ever had any problems with bleeding
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.