Your monthly Imitrex Statdose Injection cost savings if eligible
The Imitrex Statdose Injection patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Imitrex Statdose Injection, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Imitrex Statdose Injection patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Imitrex Statdose Injection assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Imitrex Statdose Injection patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Imitrex Statdose Injection patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Imitrex Statdose Injection.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Imitrex Statdose Injection assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Imitrex Statdose Injection patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Imitrex Statdose Injection.
Is NiceRx an Imitrex Statdose Injection coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Imitrex Statdose Injection patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Imitrex Statdose Injection samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Imitrex Statdose Injection coupons, discount cards, or Imitrex Statdose Injection copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Imitrex Statdose Injection cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Imitrex Statdose Injection medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Imitrex Statdose Injection cost without insurance?
Imitrex Statdose Injection prices without insurance will vary depending on how many you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Imitrex Statdose subcutaneous solution (4 mg/0.5 mL) typically cost $450 for 1 milliliter(s).
How much does Imitrex Statdose Injection cost with insurance?
The copay for Imitrex Statdose Injection will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Imitrex Statdose Injection with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Imitrex Statdose Injection?
Imitrex Statdose Injection (sumatriptan) is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline LLC. Imitrex Statdose Injection is classed as a serotonin (5-HT1B/1D) receptor agonist (triptan) indicated for the acute treatment of migraine with or without aura in adults. Sumatriptan works by narrowing blood vessels in the brain.
Imitrex Statdose Pen should only be used only if a clear diagnosis of migraine headache has been established. It is not indicated for the prophylactic therapy of migraine attacks, or for the treatment of cluster headaches.
What doses of Imitrex Statdose Injection are available?
Imitrex is available in:
- Tablet form, in the following doses: 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg
- Single-dose nasal spray form: 5 mg and 20 mg
- Single-dose prefilled syringe cartridge: 4 mg and 6 mg for use in an Imitrex STATdose injection pen
- Single-dose vial of liquid solution: 6 mg strength for use with a syringe. Imitrex injection is for subcutaneous use
This medicine comes in a vial (bottle), a needle-free injector device, or a prefilled cartridge for an auto-injector syringe. Each type is for one use only.
If your headache does not completely go away after your first dose, call your doctor before using a second dose. If your headache goes away and then comes back, use a second injection if it has been at least 1 hour since your first injection. Do not use more than 2 injections in a 24 hour period
Please read the patient information and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Imitrex Statdose Injection active ingredients
Imitrex Statdose Injection contains sumatriptan succinate as the active ingredient.
Imitrex Statdose Injection side effects
The most common side effects of Imitrex Statdose Injection in clinical trials include:
- Injection site reaction
- Warm or cold sensation
In rare instances, Imitrex Statdose Pen can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Myocardial ischemia/infarction and Prinzmetal’s angina
- Sudden numbness or weakness (especially on one side of the body), sudden severe headache, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance
- Arrhythmias – irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain, tightness, pressure, and/or heaviness, tightness in the neck, throat, or jaw -evaluate for coronary artery disease in patients at high risk
- Cerebral hemorrhage, subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Gastrointestinal ischemic reactions and peripheral vasospastic reactions
- Sudden and severe stomach pain and bloody diarrhea
- Medication overuse headache
- Symptoms of serotonin syndrome
- Seizures – use with caution in patients with epilepsy or a lowered seizure threshold
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Imitrex Statdose Injection against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Imitrex Statdose Injection to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Imitrex Statdose Injection drug interactions
Imitrex Statdose Injection can interact with other medications. These include:
- Ergotamine-containing or ergot-type medications – dihydroergotamine or methysergide
- Other triptan drugs – almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, naratriptan, zolmitriptan, rizatriptan
- Antidepressants such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) – isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors – SNRIs
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Imitrex Statdose Injection. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Imitrex Statdose Injection contraindications
You should not use Imitrex Statdose Injection if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient sumatriptan
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in the Imitrex Statdose Injection
- Have a history of coronary artery disease or coronary artery vasospasm
- Have Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome or other cardiac accessory conduction pathway disorders
- Have a history of stroke, transient ischemic attack, or hemiplegic or basilar migraine
- Have peripheral vascular disease
- Have ischemic bowel disease
- Have uncontrolled hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Have any other heart problems, heart rhythm disorders, a history of heart attack, or circulation problems that cause a lack of blood supply within the body
- Have used another triptan or ergotamine-containing medication within the last 24 hours
- Have used a monoamine oxidase-A inhibitor within the last 2 weeks
- Have severe hepatic impairment (liver disease)
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – Sumatriptan can pass into breast milk. Do not breast-feed within 12 hours after using Imitrex Statdose Pen
Talk to your doctor before using Imitrex Statdose Pen if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Imitrex Statdose Pen
- Have high cholesterol
- Have diabetes
- Have a family history of heart disease
- Are overweight, or smoke
- Are postmenopausal
- Are a man 40 years of age or over
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Imitrex Statdose Injection generic
Imitrex Statdose Injection is the trademark brand name for sumatriptan manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline LLC. A generic version of sumatriptan is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Imitrex Statdose Injection savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.