Imitrex Patient assistance program
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Imitrex medication with our help.Get started today
- Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
- Convenient: We manage the whole process and we’re here to assist you
- Ongoing refills: We request your medication refills on your behalf
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
An introduction to NiceRx(01:52)
Next steps after qualifying(00:38)
Uploading documents and billing(00:50)
SSN & billing information(00:33)
Medication delivery time(00:41)
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
You may be required to submit further information and documents required by the pharmaceutical company which can be securely uploaded online.
Your application is created and sent to your doctor for signature. At this stage, you will be billed $49 and will not be billed again until you receive your first medication delivery.
Your application is sent to the pharmaceutical company. You will be billed again once you receive your medication. We handle the entire ordering process including requesting ongoing refills.
Your monthly Imitrex cost savings if eligible
The Imitrex patient assistance program can provide your medication for free. We simply charge $49 per month for each medication to cover the cost of our services. With NiceRx, you will only pay $49 to obtain your Imitrex, regardless of the retail price.
Am I eligible for the Imitrex patient assistance program?
To find out if you are eligible for Imitrex assistance you can apply online using our enrollment application. Each pharmaceutical company sets its eligibility criteria, and we will review your application individually to determine if you may be eligible. The three main factors to consider are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Imitrex patient assistance program?
Our application process aims to make it as easy as possible to apply for the Imitrex patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our online enrollment application. We will ask you for details about your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income as this information is required by the pharmaceutical companies. We may be able to help you apply for other patient assistance programs too, so be sure to tell us about any medications you are taking as well as Imitrex.
NiceRx will review your application and determine whether you may be eligible for Imitrex assistance. If so, we will handle the full enrollment process for you and prepare all required documents for your healthcare provider to sign. Once you are successfully enrolled in the Imitrex patient assistance program, we will help you manage your prescription refills by requesting refills on your behalf throughout your enrollment period. At the end of your enrollment period, we will contact you for updated information and seek to re-enroll you so you can continue to access affordable Imitrex.
Is NiceRx an Imitrex coupon provider?
NiceRx is a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Imitrex patient assistance program. We do not offer trial offers or free Imitrex samples. When obtaining your medication through NiceRx, you will only pay $49 a month per medication. This will likely save you more money than if you were to use Imitrex coupons, discount cards, or Imitrex copay cards.
Can NiceRx help me get Imitrex cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if your insurance company will not pay for your Imitrex medication. We may also be able to help if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. Whether you have insurance or not, apply online using our enrollment application to find out more.
How much does Imitrex cost without insurance?
Imitrex prices without insurance will vary depending on how many you buy. Prices will also vary by retailer. As a guide, Imitrex oral tablets 25 mg typically cost $320 for 9 tablets.
How much does Imitrex cost with insurance?
The copay for Imitrex will vary by the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out what you might need to pay for Imitrex with insurance, your insurance provider or pharmacist will be able to help you calculate the copay costs with your current insurance.
What is Imitrex?
Imitrex (sumatriptan) is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline LLC. Imitrex is classed as a serotonin (5-HT1B/1D) receptor agonist (triptan) indicated for the acute treatment of migraine with or without aura in adults. Sumatriptan works by narrowing blood vessels in the brain.
Imitrex should only be used only if a clear diagnosis of migraine headache has been established. It is not indicated for the prophylactic therapy of migraine attacks, or for the treatment of cluster headaches.
What doses of Imitrex are available?
Imitrex is available in:
- Tablet form, in the following doses: 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg
- Single-dose nasal spray form: 5 mg and 20 mg
- Single-dose prefilled syringe cartridge: 4 mg and 6 mg for use in an Imitrex STATdose injection pen
- Single-dose vial of liquid solution: 6 mg strength for use with a syringe. Imitrex injection is for subcutaneous use
Imitrex tablets should be given as a single dose of 25 mg, 50mg, or 100mg. A second dose should only be considered if some response to the first dose was observed. Separate doses by at least 2 hours. The maximum dose in a 24-hour period is 200 mg. A maximum single dose should not exceed 50 mg in patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment.
Please read the patient information and always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Imitrex active ingredients
Imitrex contains sumatriptan succinate as the active ingredient.
Imitrex side effects
The most common side effects of Imitrex in clinical trials include:
- Warm or cold sensation
In rare instances, Imitrex can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Myocardial ischemia/infarction and Prinzmetal’s angina
- Sudden numbness or weakness (especially on one side of the body), sudden severe headache, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain, tightness, pressure, and/or heaviness, tightness in the neck, throat, or jaw -evaluate for coronary artery disease in patients at high risk
- Cerebral hemorrhage, subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Gastrointestinal ischemic reactions and peripheral vasospastic reactions
- Sudden and severe stomach pain and bloody diarrhea
- Medication overuse headache
- Serotonin syndrome
- Seizures – use with caution in patients with epilepsy or a lowered seizure threshold
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Imitrex against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Imitrex to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Imitrex drug interactions
Imitrex can interact with other medications. These include:
- Ergotamine-containing or ergot-type medications – dihydroergotamine or methysergide
- Other triptan drugs – almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, naratriptan, zolmitriptan, rizatriptan
- Antidepressants such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) – isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors – SNRIs
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Imitrex. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Imitrex if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient sumatriptan
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Imitrex
- Have a history of coronary artery disease or coronary artery vasospasm
- Have Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome or other cardiac accessory conduction pathway disorders
- Have a history of stroke, transient ischemic attack, or hemiplegic or basilar migraine
- Have peripheral vascular disease
- Have ischemic bowel disease
- Have uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have any other heart problems, heart rhythm disorders, a history of heart attack, or circulation problems that cause a lack of blood supply within the body
- Have used another triptan or ergotamine-containing medication within the last 24 hours
- Have used a monoamine oxidase-A inhibitor within the last 2 weeks
- Have a severe hepatic impairment
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – Sumatriptan can pass into breast milk. Do not breast-feed within 12 hours after using Imitrex
Talk to your doctor before using Imitrex if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Imitrex
- Have high cholesterol
- Have diabetes
- Have a family history of heart disease
- Are overweight, or smoke
- Are postmenopausal
- Are a man 40 years of age or over
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Imitrex is the trademark brand name for sumatriptan manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline LLC. A generic version of sumatriptan is available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Imitrex savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking down the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.