Your monthly Inbrija cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Inbrija patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Inbrija patient assistance?
We review each Inbrija enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Inbrija patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Inbrija patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Inbrija, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Inbrija coupons provider?
NiceRx is not an Inbrija coupon, Inbrija discount card, or Inbrija copay card provider. We do not offer Inbrija manufacturer coupons, Inbrija discounts, rebates, Inbrija savings cards, trial
offers, or free Inbrija samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Inbrija
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Inbrija prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Inbrija cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Inbrija costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Inbrija inhalation capsule 42 mg will cost around $1,100 for 60.
How much does Inbrija cost with insurance?
The copay for Inbrija will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Inbrija?
Inbrija is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Inbrija (levodopa inhalation powder) is an aromatic amino acid indicated for the intermittent treatment of OFF episodes (when Parkinson’s symptoms return) in patients with Parkinson’s disease treated with carbidopa/levodopa.
What doses of Inbrija are available?
Inbrija is available as an inhalation powder in a capsule formulation, in the following doses: 42 mg
Do not swallow Inbrija capsules, and only use Inbrija capsules with the Inbrija inhaler. Inhale the contents of two capsules (84 mg) as needed for OFF symptoms, up to 5 times daily. The maximum dose per OFF period is 84 mg, and the maximum recommended daily dose is 420 mg.
Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice or about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Inbrija active ingredients
The active ingredient of Inbrija is levodopa.
Inbrija side effects
The most common side effects of Inbrija in clinical trials include:
- Upper respiratory tract infection
In rare instances, Inbrija can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Risk of withdrawal-emergent hyperpyrexia and confusion – fever, muscle stiffness, or changes in breathing and heartbeat if you suddenly stop using Inbrija or carbidopa/levodopa, or suddenly lower your dose of carbidopa/levodopa
- Hallucinations or exacerbation of psychosis – confusion, disorientation, or disorganized thinking, trouble sleeping
- Impulse control disorders such as gambling, binge eating, and sexual urges
- May cause or exacerbate dyskinesia
- Low blood pressure when standing up
- Increased eye pressure in patients with glaucoma
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Inbrija against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Inbrija to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Inbrija drug interactions
Inbrija can interact with other medications. These include:
- MAO-B inhibitors
- Dopamine D2 antagonists
- Iron salts
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Inbrija. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, multivitamins, and herbal supplements.
You should not use Inbrija if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient levodopa
- Are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Inbrija
- Have taken a nonselective monoamine oxidase inhibitor (eg, phenelzine, tranylcypromine) within the last 2 weeks
Talk to your doctor about your medical condition before using Inbrija if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Inbrija
- Have asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or any chronic lung disease
- Have daytime sleepiness from a sleep disorder or get drowsy or sleepy without warning or take a medicine to help you sleep
- Feel dizzy, nauseated, sweaty, or faint when you stand up from sitting or lying down
- Have a history of abnormal movement
- Have or have had a mental health problem
- Have glaucoma
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed
Inbrija is the trademark brand name for levodopa manufactured by Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Generic Inbrija is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Inbrija savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.