Invokamet XR Coupon & Prices
Complete a free online enrollment application to find out if you’re eligible to pay only $49 per month for your Invokamet XR medication with our help.Get Started Now
Secure: Your personal and medical information is safe with us
Convenient: Your medication is delivered straight to your door
Ongoing refills: Your medication is refilled automatically
NiceRx works with your healthcare provider to help you access affordable medications directly from U.S. pharmaceutical companies.
How it works
Get started by filling out the online enrollment application to find out if you are eligible for assistance.
NiceRx verifies your eligibility for medication assistance and notifies you if you are qualified. The pharmaceutical company provides your medication for free and you only pay our service fee.
We will request documents to be submitted by you and your healthcare provider that are required by the pharmaceutical company to complete your enrollment.
Once approved, the pharmaceutical company typically ships a 90-day supply of medication to your home or healthcare provider’s address.
Your monthly Invokamet XR cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Invokamet XR patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Invokamet XR patient assistance?
We review each Invokamet XR enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Invokamet XR patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Invokamet XR patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Invokamet XR, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx an Invokamet XR coupon provider?
NiceRx is not an Invokamet XR coupon, Invokamet XR discount card, or Invokamet XR copay card provider. We do not offer Invokamet XR manufacturer coupons, Invokamet XR discounts, rebates, Invokamet XR savings cards, trial
offers, or free Invokamet XR samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me get Invokamet XR cheaper if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Invokamet XR
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Invokamet XR prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Invokamet XR cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Invokamet XR costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Invokamet XR oral tablet, extended-release (150 mg-500 mg)will cost around $600 for 60 tablets.
How much does Invokamet XR cost with insurance?
The copay for Invokamet XR will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Invokamet XR?
Invokamet XR is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Invokamet XR is a sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor and biguanide combination product indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus when treatment with both canagliflozin and metformin is appropriate.
Invokamet XR is also used to lower the risk of end-stage kidney disease and hospitalization or death from heart attack, stroke, or heart failure in adults with type 2 diabetes who also have heart disease. Invokamet XR is not for treating type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
What doses of Invokamet XR are available?
Invokamet XR is available in film-coated tablet form, in the following doses:
- Canagliflozin 50 mg and metformin hydrochloride 500 mg
- Canagliflozin 50 mg and metformin hydrochloride 1,000 mg
- Canagliflozin 150 mg and metformin hydrochloride 500 mg
- Canagliflozin 150 mg and metformin hydrochloride 1,000 mg
Please see the full prescribing information for the complete boxed warning and medication guide. Always speak with a healthcare professional for medical advice about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Invokamet XR active ingredients
The active ingredients of Invokamet XR are canagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride extended-release.
Canagliflozin is indicated to reduce the risk of end-stage kidney disease (ESKD), doubling of serum creatinine, cardiovascular (CV) death, and hospitalization for heart failure in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease, and diabetic nephropathy.
Invokamet XR side effects
The most common side effects of Invokamet XR in clinical trials include:
- Urinary tract infection
- Increased urination
- Abdominal discomfort
In rare instances, Invokamet XR can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Postmarketing cases of metformin-associated lactic acidosis have resulted in death, hypothermia, hypotension, and resistant bradyarrhythmias. Laboratory abnormalities included elevated blood lactate levels, anion gap acidosis, increased lactate/pyruvate ratio; and metformin plasma levels generally >5 mcg/mL. Symptoms include unusual muscle pain, trouble breathing, stomach pain, dizziness, feeling cold, or feeling very weak or tired
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Ketoacidosis – assess patients who present with signs and symptoms of metabolic acidosis for ketoacidosis, regardless of blood glucose level. If suspected, discontinue treatment, evaluate and treat promptly. Before initiating treatment, consider risk factors for ketoacidosis
- Acute kidney injury and impairment in renal function
- Serious urinary tract infections, including urosepsis and pyelonephritis, requiring hospitalization
- Hypoglycemia – symptoms of low blood sugar levels include sudden sweating, shaking, fast heartbeat, hunger, blurred vision, dizziness, or tingling hands and/or feet
- Increased risk of lower limb amputations
- Genital mycotic infections
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Bone fracture
- Vitamin B12 deficiency
- Increased LDL-C
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Invokamet XR against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Invokamet XR to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Invokamet XR drug interactions
Invokamet XR can interact with other medications. These include:
- Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors
- Drugs that are eliminated by renal tubular secretion such as cationic drugs – cimetidine
- Alcohol can potentiate the effect of metformin on lactate metabolism
- UGT inducers – rifampin, phenytoin, phenobarbital, ritonavir
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Invokamet XR. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Invokamet XR contraindications
You should not use Invokamet XR if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient canagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Invokamet XR
- Have moderate to severe renal impairment (eGFR below 45 mL/min/1.73 m2 ), end-stage renal disease, or dialysis
- Have metabolic acidosis, including diabetic ketoacidosis
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Talk to your doctor about your medical conditions before using Invokamet XR if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Invokamet XR
- Have heart problems
- Have a diabetic foot ulcer or amputation
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney disease
- Have low levels of vitamin B12 or calcium in your blood
- Have bladder infections or other urination problems
- Have a pancreas disorder or surgery
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
Invokamet XR generic
Invokamet XR is the trademark brand name for canagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride manufactured by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A generic version of canagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Invokamet XR savings through NiceRx.
*Qualifying persons may obtain medications directly from patient assistance programs without any out-of-pocket cost (or for less than $49 per medication). However, our monthly flat rate of just $49 per medication spares you the hassle of tracking the different programs and filling out all the required paperwork for each program. Subject to medication availability.
Enrollees enjoy a full-service solution, as NiceRx assists them and their physicians with the entire process. We prepare all required documents for the physician to sign, help enrollees manage all prescription refills, monitor eligibility criteria, and maintain enrollment.
**If you do not receive medications because you were determined to be ineligible for the prescription assistance by the applicable pharmaceutical companies and you have a letter of denial, we will refund any fees you paid toward medications for which you did not qualify to receive prescription assistance (“Refund”).
To receive a refund, you must send the letter of denial to us by fax to 888-517-7444, or by e-mail to [email protected] within 30 days of your receipt of such letter. The Refund is your sole and exclusive remedy for any fees you may wish to dispute.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.