Your monthly Isentress HD cost savings if eligible
If you are eligible for the Isentress HD patient assistance program, the cost of your medication will be free. We only charge $49 per month for each medication, to cover our service fees. You could receive your Isentress HD prescription for just $49 a month, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
Am I eligible for the Isentress HD patient assistance program?
We will review your application to determine whether you are eligible for the Isentress HD patient assistance program. Each program has its own eligibility criteria which are set by the pharmaceutical companies, however, the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Isentress HD patient assistance program?
We make it as easy as possible to apply for the Isentress HD patient assistance program. The first step is to complete our enrollment application. Tell us about any medications you are taking, including Isentress HD. We will also ask for details about your healthcare provider, insurance, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who ship your medication.
If we determine that you may be eligible for Isentress HD assistance, we will handle the application process for you. We will work directly with your healthcare provider to prepare your application documents. Once we have received the signed application and supporting documents, we will submit them to the patient assistance program on your behalf. Our service continues once you are enrolled in the Isentress HD patient assistance program, and we will automatically request your Isentress HD medication refills for up to 1 year.
Is NiceRx an Isentress HD coupon provider?
We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access the Isentress HD patient assistance program. That means that we do not offer printable Isentress HD manufacturer coupons, Isentress HD discounts, or free Isentress HD samples. We are not an Isentress HD coupon provider or Isentress HD discount card. Our service extends to assisting eligible individuals to access the medications they need through patient assistance programs.
Can NiceRx help me get Isentress HD cheaper if I have insurance?
We may be able to help you to access Isentress HD patient assistance in a variety of circumstances. This includes when your insurance company will not pay for your Isentress HD medication or if you have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility. We may also be able to help you if you do not have insurance. Please apply online to find out more.
How much does Isentress HD cost without insurance?
Isentress HD costs without insurance will vary depending on where you buy it. As a guide, Isentress HD oral tablets 600 mg usually cost $1,900 for 60 tablets. With NiceRx you will pay a flat monthly fee of $49, regardless of the retail price of your medication.
How much does Isentress HD cost with insurance?
The copay for Isentress HD with insurance depends on the terms of your healthcare plan. To find out how much this is, your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance.
What is Isentress HD?
Isentress HD is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by Merck. Approval of Isentress HD is based on data from the ONCEMRK trial. At Week 48, 89% of treatment-naïve HIV-1 patients receiving Isentress HD 1200 mg daily achieved viral suppression of HIV-1 RNA, compared to 88% of patients receiving Isentress 400 mg twice a day, in combination with emtricitabine + tenofovir disoproxil fumarate.
Isentress and Isentress HD are human immunodeficiency virus integrase inhibitors used in combination with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in adult patients.
Isentress is used in combination with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in pediatric patients weighing at least 2 kg. Isentress HD is used in combination with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in pediatric patients weighing at least 40 kg. Isentress is used with other anti-HIV medicines to treat adults, adolescents, and children 2 years of age and older who are infected with HIV.
When used with other anti-HIV medicines, Isentress helps to reduce the amount of HIV virus in your blood (viral load) and increase the number of CD4 (T) cells.
What doses of Isentress HD are available?
Isentress HD is available as:
- Film-coated tablets: 400 mg, and 600 mg
- Chewable tablets: 100 mg, and 25 mg
- Oral suspension: Single-use packet of 100 mg
Isentress 400 mg film-coated tablets cannot be substituted with Isentress 25 mg and 100 mg chewable tablets. Avoid using antacids containing aluminum or magnesium while taking this medication.
Read the patient information provided and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Isentress HD active ingredients
Isentress HD contains raltegravir, an integrase inhibitor as the active ingredient.
Isentress HD side effects
The most common side effects of Isentress HD in clinical trials include:
- Trouble sleeping, headache
- Creatine kinase elevations
- Myopathy and rhabdomyolysis
In rare instances, Isentress HD can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Severe, potentially life-threatening, and fatal skin reactions, including Stevens-Johnson syndrome, hypersensitivity reaction, and toxic epidermal necrolysis or severe hypersensitivity, pyrexia, feeling ill, extreme tiredness, myalgia, arthralgia, blisters, oral ulcers, swollen eye, facial swelling, swelling of the lips, mouth, difficulty breathing, signs and symptoms of liver problems, such as yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dark urine, nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite
- Immune reconstitution syndrome
- Inflammation from opportunistic infections such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, or a painful blistering rash known as shingles may occur when a combination of antiretroviral treatment is started
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Isentress HD against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Isentress HD to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Isentress HD drug interactions
Isentress HD can interact with other medications. These include:
- Drugs that are strong inducers of UGT1A1
- Strong inducers of drug-metabolizing enzymes – carbamazepine phenobarbital phenytoin
- Calcium carbonate antacid
- Aluminum and/or magnesium-containing antacids
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Isentress HD. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including, prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
Isentress HD contraindications
You should not use Isentress HD if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient raltegravir
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Isentress HD
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed – It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk
Talk to your doctor before using Isentress HD if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Isentress HD
- Have phenylketonuria (the 100 mg and 25 mg chewable tablets contain phenylalanine)
Isentress HD generic
Isentress HD is the trademark brand name for raltegravir manufactured by Merck. A generic version of raltegravir is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Isentress HD savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.