Your monthly Kombiglyze XR cost savings if eligible
With our assistance, you could access the Kombiglyze XR patient assistance program and obtain your medication for free. We only charge a flat monthly fee of $49 per medication for our services.
Am I eligible for Kombiglyze XR patient assistance?
We review each Kombiglyze XR enrollment application individually to determine if you are eligible. Each assistance program has its own eligibility criteria and the factors considered by most programs are:
- I am a permanent, legal resident of the United States or Puerto Rico
- I am uninsured or my insurance doesn’t cover my medication
- I meet certain income eligibility requirements
How do I apply for the Kombiglyze XR patient assistance program?
Our process makes it as easy as possible to apply for the Kombiglyze XR patient assistance program. Begin by completing the enrollment application form on our website. Tell us about any medications that you are taking, including Kombiglyze XR, your healthcare provider, your insurance plan, and your household income. This information is required by the pharmaceutical manufacturers who will supply the medication, so it is important to make sure this information is accurate and up to date.
We will review the information that you have provided to determine whether you are eligible for patient assistance. If we can pre-qualify you for assistance, NiceRx will handle the full enrollment process on your behalf. If you are approved by the pharmaceutical company, you will typically start receiving your medication in 6 – 8 weeks.
Is NiceRx a Kombiglyze XR coupons provider?
NiceRx is not a Kombiglyze XR coupon, Kombiglyze XR discount card, or Kombiglyze XR copay card provider. We do not offer Kombiglyze XR manufacturer coupons, Kombiglyze XR discounts, rebates, Kombiglyze XR savings cards, trial offers, or free Kombiglyze XR samples. We are a service provider that helps eligible individuals access their medication directly from the U.S. pharmaceutical company.
Can NiceRx help me if I have insurance?
NiceRx may be able to help you if:
- You have a high copay or coinsurance responsibility for Kombiglyze XR
- Your insurance company will not pay for your Kombiglyze XR prescription
- Your healthcare plan does not cover your medication
- You do not have insurance
Please apply online to find out if we can help you.
How much does Kombiglyze XR cost without insurance?
Without insurance, Kombiglyze XR costs will vary depending on where you buy the medication as prices will vary by retailer. As a guide, Kombiglyze XR oral tablets, extended-release (1000 mg-2.5 mg) will cost around $490 for 60 tablets.
How much does Kombiglyze XR cost with insurance?
The copay for Kombiglyze XR will depend on the terms of your healthcare plan. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist will be able to calculate your copay with your current insurance. Contact them to find out more.
What is Kombiglyze XR?
Kombiglyze XR is an FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) approved medication manufactured by AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals.
Kombiglyze XR is a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP4) inhibitor and biguanide combination product used with diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus when treatment with both saxagliptin and metformin is appropriate.
Kombiglyze is not for the treatment of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis and has not been studied in patients with a history of pancreatitis.
The risk of lactic acidosis can occur due to metformin accumulation. The risk increases with conditions such as sepsis, dehydration, excess alcohol intake, hepatic impairment, renal impairment, and acute congestive heart failure.
What doses of Kombiglyze XR are available?
Kombiglyze XR is available in tablet form, in the following doses:
- 5 mg saxagliptin/500 mg metformin HCl extended-release
- 5 mg saxagliptin/1000 mg metformin HCl extended-release
- 2.5 mg saxagliptin/1000 mg metformin HCl extended-release
Take once daily with the evening meal. The starting dose is based on your current regimen then adjusted based on effectiveness and tolerability. Do not exceed a daily dose of 5 mg saxagliptin/2000 mg metformin HCl extended-release. Swallow the tablets whole. Never crush, cut, or chew. Limit the saxagliptin dose to 2.5 mg daily if you are also taking strong cytochrome P450 3A4/5 inhibitors such as ketoconazole.
Please see the full prescribing information, and medication guide and always speak with a healthcare professional about any changes to your dose so they can monitor and evaluate your condition.
Kombiglyze XR active ingredients
The active ingredient of Kombiglyze XR is a combination of metformin (a biguanide) and saxagliptin (a DPP4 inhibitor).
Kombiglyze XR side effects
The most common side effects of Kombiglyze XR in clinical trials compared to placebo include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Headache, stuffy or runny nose, and sore throat
- Facial edema
In rare instances, Kombiglyze XR can cause more serious side effects. These can include:
- Lactic acidosis – Temporarily discontinue treatment in patients undergoing radiologic studies with intravascular administration of iodinated contrast materials or any surgical procedures requiring the restricted intake of food and fluids. Symptoms of lactic acidosis include: cold in your hands or feet, feeling dizzy or lightheaded, having a slow or irregular heartbeat, feeling very weak or tired, unusual muscle pain, trouble breathing, feeling sleepy or drowsy, or having stomach pains, and nausea or vomiting
- Vitamin B12 deficiency]
- Hypoglycemia – a lower dose of the insulin secretagogue (e.g., sulfonylurea) or insulin may be required to minimize the risk of hypoglycemia
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Macrovascular outcomes
- Joint pain, unusual skin blisters, signs of heart failure (such as shortness of breath, swelling ankles/feet, unusual tiredness, unusual/sudden weight gain)
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Kombiglyze XR, such as hives, itching, peeling skin, problems breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Your doctor will assess the benefits of using Kombiglyze XR against your risk of side effects. Patients are encouraged to report negative side effects or adverse reactions of Kombiglyze XR to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Kombiglyze XR drug interactions
Kombiglyze XR can interact with other medications. These include:
- Strong CYP3A4/5 inhibitors – ketoconazole, avoid concomitant use
- Causes low blood sugar if this drug is prescribed with other diabetes medications
This list is not exhaustive and other prescription drugs may interact with Kombiglyze XR.
Kombiglyze XR contraindications
You should not use Kombiglyze XR if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient saxagliptin and/or metformin
- Have had an allergic reaction to any of the other ingredients in Kombiglyze XR
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Have renal impairment
- Have metabolic acidosis, including diabetic ketoacidosis
Talk to your doctor for medical advice and about all of your medical conditions before using Kombiglyze XR if you:
- Are taking any of the medications that could interact with Kombiglyze XR
- Are breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
- Have pancreatitis, gallstones, history of alcoholism, or high triglyceride levels
Kombiglyze XR generic
Kombiglyze XR is the trademark brand name for saxagliptin and metformin manufactured by AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals. A generic version of saxagliptin and metformin is not available. Generic drugs are generally cheaper than brand-name drugs, but you can still find Kombiglyze XR savings through NiceRx.
The content on this website is intended for information purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice. The information on this website should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always speak to your doctor regarding the risks and benefits of any treatment.